Anyone recover old pop up frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone recover old pop up frame?

Pop ups normally last me 2 seasons. Thats putting them up a couple weeks before the season and taking them down at the end of the season. It's always the fabric that gives up first. The frame is normally still pretty intact. Does anyone keep the frame and make a new covering from tarps or something?

Good question MrBowman. Ive been wondering the same.

Comment

For the $69 it cost for a replacement blind it's not worth trying to recover. I usually get over 5 years out of them.

Comment

I dont know for sure but i think a pop up with a brown tarp over the top ( like a rain fly on a tent) would probably prolong the fabric. I put one out last week that will stay up all season and i plan to do this.

Comment

I kind of agree Leverhunter. That's what I've always done. But the blind I prefer is a little more expensive and buying 2 or 3 adds up. It's more that I hate wasting something that might still be useful. And it would be nice to save a little $.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I dont know for sure but i think a pop up with a brown tarp over the top ( like a rain fly on a tent) would probably prolong the fabric. I put one out last week that will stay up all season and i plan to do this.
            This is a great idea. I will use this on my next set up and brush it in.

Comment

I've had mine for 7 years and the only issue was when we got 10 inches of rain in a day and broke some of the fiberglass supports

Comment

Call the manufacturer and see if you can buy just the fabric part. Which blind is it ?

Comment

I bought the Oxbow and it’s huge. Popped it up and sprayed it down with UV protectant/ waterproofing spray. This year I moved it out a little further than I normally do from cover to see down my right of ways. I like keeping it shaded. I will take it down after season.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    For the $69 it cost for a replacement blind it's not worth trying to recover. I usually get over 5 years out of them.

Comment

I normally use Ameristep Brickhouse

Comment

I use Atsko Water Guard Extreme on my pop up blinds. It waterproofs and contains a uv block to protect fabric from the sun. I believe it at least doubles the life of the blinds

Comment

Mine stay out all year and I usually get at least 5 years out of them. Keeping them in the shade helps a lot.
                          I have also thrown a $10 Walmart camo tarp over some really old ones that were leaking or dry rotting and gotten a few more years from them. Fasten the tarp with zip ties and cut holes where needed.

Comment

I put out an Ameristep for a year and the zipper failed. Thought about sewing in some clips to close it instead. It’ll leak rain but is fine otherwise.

I guess it depends on the shape yours is in.

Comment

Working...
                            X