Change of plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of plans

Well after a long struggle with a bad shoulder injury this year, I finally was able to get my recurve to full draw. I hunt family land and have a ladder stand setup in a holding trap which consists of about 20 acres. Just got the word from my father that he had to put the cows in there because of his bull trying to get to the neighbors heifers. Looks like I'm doing it the hard way on the opener. No stand, no feed, on the ground up close and personal. Lol. Those cows will follow me up the ladder if they see me come in.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Don’t give up!!!

Good luck to you!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lol, I know deer don't mind cows, but Dad driving in to feed at prime times will. Oh well at least the price to hunt ain't a issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Don’t give up!!!

Good luck to you!

Bisch

Oh I wont. I might even head over to hunt around San Angelo. Aren't you over that way now?

Comment

Sonora, about an hour south of Angelo.

Bisch

Comment

That is the way that I hunt most of the time. Enjoy your day and try to think about how an old time hunter would go about it. A couple of things may happen. You may get closer to a deer than you have ever been in your entire lifetime. You may be too close to take a shot. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
              That is the way that I hunt most of the time. Enjoy your day and try to think about how an old time hunter would go about it. A couple of things may happen. You may get closer to a deer than you have ever been in your entire lifetime. You may be too close to take a shot. It is exciting and frustrating at the same time.
              Oh yeah, I hear you. I handgun hunt as well. This is my preferred method of hunting. I have deer coming in feet not yards, but its almost impossible to get a bow shot when on the ground. Deer are extremely skittish. But hey, you never know. I know the ranch like back of my hand and know where to go, it's just gonna be tough, but I'll enjoy the challenge.

Comment

I’ve sat in a lawn chair with my longbow at a field’s edge and had deer walk within three yards of me. Scared the crap out of me as they appeared from nowhere.

Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

That's why they invented pop up blinds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well a little recap. Lol, walked in to my pre determined spot and as soon as I sat down, deer blowing 150 yds away.... and up wind at that.... gotta love this game we play. Sure miss that ladder, but will be back in the morning. Well unless I got into that dang poison ivy today[emoji3]

Comment

This is why I miss my ladder stand in the trap.

Comment

Working...
                      X