Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest Amount of Time to Complete TBH Express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest Amount of Time to Complete TBH Express?

I'm not sure if there is a way to track the longest amount of time it has taken to complete a TBH Express but I believe that @RR 314 and I just broke that record with 5 years and one month.

I agreed to bring a bottom of the truck bed toolbox home from Bownanza back in 2016 and we bot had the intention of meeting or getting it to him in the next few months after 'Nanza, after all, we were only a little over a hour from each other. We got home that weekend and put that thing in the corner of my garage. We text about when we could meet or one going the other one's way and the timing just never worked out. Things looked real good in December of 2018 but then fell apart due to schedule changes for both of us. We agreed we would try again in 2019 or maybe 2020. That didn't happen thanks to phone changes and lost contacts. A few weeks ago I was called to be the pastor of a church re-plant in Waco, with an expected move date of late July to early August of this year, so I reached out again and let him know we would be moving soon and I wouldn't have a place to store his toolbox in Waco. Plus my wife probably wasn't going to let me move that thing again.

With both of us home based employees now, we managed to finally get RR 314 his toolbox today! We've both laughed about the whole situation each time we've talked about it and had a good laugh that we both hoped we wouldn't forget the story of the toolbox like we did the actual tool box.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LemmeOut; 04-09-2021, 01:09 PM.

I sold a garage full of FFA shop BBQ pits one year after the auction, it took months to get them spread across Texas, everybody pitched in to help the kids but it took awhile, but not nearly that long

Comment

That's dedication

Comment

Well you were dealing with a very questionable fellow on the receiving end.

J/K

Funny story

Comment

If you are going to fail, fail miserably. :-). Thanks again for the bailment over all these years. Good to meet you (finally). Hard to believe it was 5 years. Wouldn’t have guessed a day over four. :-). Thanks again! Good luck with the new church.

Comment

Chris, that beats the couple years it took me to get that tripod from you. I cant even remember who built it before moving to Florida but you were kind enough to grab it and hang on to it for a long time before I could get it from you! I think it was for some TBH charity auction if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Chris, that beats the couple years it took me to get that tripod from you. I cant even remember who built it before moving to Florida but you were kind enough to grab it and hang on to it for a long time before I could get it from you! I think it was for some TBH charity auction if I recall correctly.
              Big Iron was his screen name, not sure about spaces or underscores. Cory was his first name. Picked that thing up around Waxahachie I believe and bought myself one he had sitting there. Glad I did that for you and got to meet you Richard!

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang

Comment

Dang, that's a long time.

Comment

There was a Comanche named quanah up near Parker County that had sold a longbow to a guy named burnadell back in 1872. Due to some battles and some Buffalo hunts...things got in the way. I finally met up with quanah's great great great grandson and delivered the bow to burnadell over 130 years later at Bownanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      There was a Comanche named quanah up near Parker County that had sold a longbow to a guy named burnadell back in 1872. Due to some battles and some Buffalo hunts...things got in the way. I finally met up with quanah's great great great grandson and delivered the bow to burnadell over 130 years later at Bownanza.

One upper. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a bread maker from Chew in 2007 and I’m still waiting on the TBH express.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                          I bought a bread maker from Chew in 2007 and I’m still waiting on the TBH express.
                          Don't take him up on any elephant hunts either.

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                            Don't take him up on any elephant hunts either.
                            I warned you that the season was only 2 days long. Not my fault that you had Elton John tickets in London that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I warned you that the season was only 2 days long. Not my fault that you had Elton John tickets in London that weekend.
                              It was a good show! Totally different kind of trunks than you had at KCA Ranch though.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X