post covid smell issue! driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post covid smell issue! driving me crazy

caught the covid 11/9 . lost most smell/taste until january.. well, completely losing my smell/taste is much better than what i've been experiencing the last 5 weeks. everything, and i mean everything, from a trip to the crapper, a fish slick, brisket, bacon, my beloved lone star reds(i know some of u will say that's what ruined it!!!), my guiness extra stout, yellow dial, blue lever 2k...everything smells the exact same. just different intensities. i can only describe it as a plastic like vanilla flavor???? it wasn't bad at first, as i'd never smelled anything like it, like a new scent your wife was trying out in those plug in deals.. gonna start calling doctors office's.. bout ready to sniff gas to burn it out!!

anyone else have this?

Doctors don’t know squat about post covid symptoms, at least mine don’t. Good luck, you’ll need it.

Comment

My wife had long lasting loss of smell/taste...took over the counter Flonase and within a couple of days it’s started coming back. That was just her experience. Good luck sir

Comment

I’m not a doctor but my theory and my personal experience (and my wife’s).... one of the “treatments/concoctions” that are taken and prescribed for COVID is zinc and zinc at higher doses than would normally be taken. So it appears that COVID zaps the body’s stores of zinc. One of the symptoms of low zinc levels is lack of the sense of smell and, to an extent, sense of taste.

If you have severe zinc deficiencies Some doctors will and do prescribe zinc supplements at levels up to 5-6 times the recommended daily values and even then it states that it can take up to 6 months for smell and taste to return to somewhat normal

If I were you, I’d get a blood test to determine zinc levels and when you find out that they are low.....take zinc, and a lot of it

Comment

Not sure if post-Covid or another medical issue, but all my wife smells is cigarette smoke the past month. No smokers in the house and never around any. Driving her nuts.

Comment

We are just always learning more and more about this virus as we go through the pandemic. Some patients will have long-haul COVID symptoms. My brother in law had COVID a couple of months ago and still has a real bad cough, and has been in a “brain fog” repeating himself when talking, not making good sentences, bad decisions, etc. and he was not like that before COVID. Hope you get better, I hate COVID!

Comment

Smell and taste. Not that I drink many sodas but I have not been able to stomach any Coca Cola products, They flat out taste nasty to me now. And a strange smell (almost like old wet cigarette comes around every 3 weeks. Weird thing is, I never tested positive, never had fever, and zero sickness at all.

Comment

I tested positive February 8th. I still have no sense of taste or smell. My wife tested positive also the same day. She never lost her sense of taste and smell. I can sense salty, sour, spicy but that is it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had it over Thanksgiving. My smell and taste is off. Seems like meat has a slight taste of like rotten eggs, but only sometimes. Stuff isn't as flavorful anymore. And not that I'm complaining, but my girlfriend has a cat and her and the kids will say the litter box is starting to stink. I can stick my nose in the litter box and not smell a thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had it at Christmas. Since mid-January I’ve had headaches, smelled a generic fried meat smell (just now losing that), sometimes, mostly at night, feel really bad like I did the first week I had the stuff, have a little trouble breathing at times, feel really tired all the time, and usually take an hour to an hour and a half nap every day. Nothing like life before covid. At the risk of jinxing myself I think I’m getting better.

Comment

No smell capabilities at all since 1st weekend of February, only taste sensors are salty, sweet and hot(pepper).

Comment

Funny you brought that up, my wife and I were just talking about this tonight. I had Covid last year, lost all smell, and while I can smell now, many things smell the same and smell odd. I honestly can’t describe what it smells like but I guess it’s somewhat similar to what your describing, but only certain items. Pretty odd deal.

Comment

I got the rona last summer and I still can't smell to this day. In a few more months it will be a year. I can taste somewhat but not like I used to. Doctors have been useless for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

lost my taste and smell on october 8 from it. as of right now i say my taste is 50/50 and smell 30/70. not sure how much better it will get.

Comment

My daughter tested positive the first week of school so in August. She just got her smell and taste back a week or so ago. If you spend some time on google it will tell you to teach yourself to smell again. It says to get types of oils lemon,orange or whatever you can get your hands on and start sniffing.
                              We never tried with my daughter though hers just finally came back.

Comment

Working...
                              X