New trailer suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New trailer suggestions...

I got in an accident on the way to the lease last week and my trailer got totaled. In the market for a new one and have been looking at a tandem axle 7x14 utility trailer. With my boys getting older I’m sure I’ll be buying and hauling another 4 wheeler in the next year or two. Anyone have any experience with the side atv gates on their trailers? Is it worth the extra money? It seems handy but I haven’t actually put my hands on one to see what I thought. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd suggest getting with Brushtrooper on here and see if he can hook you up with what your needing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a 16, 18 or 20. You get what you pay for. Stay away from the cheap trailer places.

Comment

I emailed brush trooper over a week ago about t new trailer and got no reply yet.

Comment

following.

I have a 12ft ranch king that is getting a little small. However used trailer prices are insane and me being the haggler I am its tough to snag a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
            I'd suggest getting with Brushtrooper on here and see if he can hook you up with what your needing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            Website
            Superior Trailer Sales is a trailer dealership located in Corpus Christi, TX. Offering multiple kind of services, near Mustang Island, Portland, Odem and Robstown.

Comment

go ahead and get at least a 16' with brakes on at least one axle

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                go ahead and get at least a 16' with brakes on at least one axle
                I prefer 16-18 foot, my equipment hauler is 16 with a custom toolbox in the front, and a chain/ strap box on opposite side of spare, 7k dexter axles . works for me, and IMO the side ramps is worth the price

Comment

I got mine at Blue Star here in San Antonio. It'd be a drive for you, but worth the savings. It was recommended here.

Comment

We bought a decent (not cheap) 7'x14' single axel with side gates. We've had it for 5 years and I haven't used the side gates yet. We put the Can-am up front and the 4-wheeler on the back. I should have bought a 16' double axel with brakes. No question. Just too many times I've felt like ours was undersized when hauling things other than our toys.

Comment

I was in the market for a 16ft trailer last year and ended up customer ordering mine from Normangee Tractor (but a trailer place in Madisonville built it). They talked me into a 18ft which I have zero regrets about buying. I had it wrapped in expanded metal, put tie downs where I wanted them, added an option for ramps in the back, put a D ring up front to tie down the buggy with, and put a tool box on the front. The only spot that I didn't think through properly was the rear gate. It needed to be spring assisted and it's not. Thinking about going back and have a modification done. To give you an idea mine was $4,800, but I will have it forever with it being built like it is.

Dual axles with brakes is an absolute must. I personally would never see myself using a side loading gate. When my boys want to haul four wheelers I will be able to park two of them side by side behind my CanAm and still have room for corn.
                      Last edited by Hockley; 03-24-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

With all my kids riding 4 wheelers we out grew my 12' single axle so I recently upgraded to a 83"x16' MAXX D.
                        I got all the extras I could get, self assist gate, pipe top, extra wide, etc.
                        I love it!
                        With it being 83" wide you can load 4 wheelers side by side on it.
                        If we ever out frow this one I will be getting a 20' goose neck.

Comment

I have a 18' with side loading ramp it has served me well.

Comment

Make sure it has:
                            Heavy duty jack (drop-leg preferred)
                            5200 or 7k axles so you can have 16” E rated tires...I HATE flats
                            Lights and wires installed in a manner that protects them both
                            Tie-down locations big enough for the large flat ratchet strap ends

This pretty much solves most of my typical frustrations with utility trailers. I’m not a fan of the side-load gate and feel they don't get used much by people that have them.

If you are hauling an ATV/UTV a lot, figure out how you like the m situated an permanently mount some retractable cargo straps to eliminate the need for ratchet straps and speed up loading/unloading.

Comment

I have a tandem 14 footer with the side gate. There's been several times I've strapped taller things such as mattresses, refrigerators and deer stands to the side gate. I also use it if I need to load a pallet of whatever on the front and a pallet on the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X