Old Remington wooden stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Remington wooden stocks

I went today to get some barn wood from my Dad’s cousins farm that they are cleaning out. While I was there he handed he a pile of old Remington stocks and asked if I would use them and of course I said yes. Problem being I don’t know how you know what stock would match up with what Remington action. Does anyone on here know how to tell what stocks would match up with what? I’ll try to post some pictures later this evening.

My guess is most will be short & long 700's along with maybe 721 (long) / 722 (short) for the center fire's due to production numbers of the 4 models.

Comment

Thanks Artos. What about shotgun stocks were there a bunch of different versions of those. This is all before my time.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
        I went today to get some barn wood from my Dad’s cousins farm that they are cleaning out. While I was there he handed he a pile of old Remington stocks and asked if I would use them and of course I said yes. Problem being I don’t know how you know what stock would match up with what Remington action. Does anyone on here know how to tell what stocks would match up with what? I’ll try to post some pictures later this evening.
        Are they in good shape?

Comment

Yes sir. I don’t think they are mint by any means but yes they are in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
            Thanks Artos. What about shotgun stocks were there a bunch of different versions of those. This is all before my time.
            Likely 870's (pump) & 1100's (auto)...largest production runs anyway.

Pics will verify...how many stocks are we talking about??

Comment

I have 7 or so here are 4 I cleaned up today when I got home.

Comment

Dang my pictures won’t load

Comment

Does anyone mind if I text them the pictures and maybe they could post them for me thank you in advance!

Comment

Here are some
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another one

Comment

Let me attach them this time
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another
                          Attached Files

Comment

Any of those shotgun stocks the plane one with no checkering? I bought a vintage 1954 870 but the stock was cracked

Comment

Looks like 700 to me

Comment

Working...
                              X