Football Question and a statement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Question and a statement.

I know it's called football but.......... why is kicking in the game? First, now they have moved the ball up on kickoffs so that the kickoff is downed in the end zone. We wouldn't want any speed or contact in a sport where speed and contact are valued.

JUST PUT THE DANG BALL ON THE 25 AFTER A SCORE IF YOU DON'T WANT PLAYERS RUNNING DOWN FIELD AT HIGH SPEEDS AND COLLIDING.

AND....take punting out of the game and just make them go for it on 4th. The few punts a year that are anything more than a fair catch don't compare to the big hits we used to have.

Lastly, on the kicking rant, after 59 minutes of the most freakish, athletic athletes on the planet, out comes a 5'4" dude that can't bench the bar to decide who wins the contest. WOW.

Third, I know there are unfortunate injuries as a result of some dudes helmet contacting the helmet of an opposing player, but dang, its a sport. The object of a boxing match is to knock the opponent unconscious. The object of a football defense is to stop the opponent from gaining ground as quickly as possible.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS...DON'T BE A BOXER.....IF YOU DON'T WANT TO POSSIBLY HAVE A HEAD INJURY FROM FOOTBALL...DON'T PLAY FOOTBALL. Rant paused.
    Last edited by asu-indian; 01-02-2021, 08:59 PM.

It’s the slow creep, let certain people make decisions and this is where you end up.

If you want to play football then you sign a waiver and understand the consequences of the game otherwise go play soccer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Soccer has it’s own dangers.
      Players know the risks. Part of it.

Comment

I’m sort of on your same page. I’m down with kick offs but I think if you kick it into the end zone it should be a 20yd penalty. Fair catches should be legal.

Smoking a QB or WR should be legal in all cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Soccer has it’s own dangers.
          Players know the risks. Part of it.
          Yup. I saw a dude really get hurt one time while faking an injury.

Comment

Liberals want football abolished. They want masculinity abolished. They want anyone like you that stands for men being manly abolished. In essence they don't want you to be alive.

Comment

I bet if you were a kicker/punter you wouldnt want it removed from the game... They do add value, especially punters, and im not sure why you want to see that go away. The kickoff has been dumbed down, which I dislike, but it is what it is. To see all kicking go away would be disappointing. You might as well go watch rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dude I loved flying down field to make contact or block . My word doesnt count for much, but I sure wouldn't vote to take it out! Do like the idea of a penalty if it goes in the endzone

Comment

Bring back the drop kick !!

Comment

I like seeing the little guys with beer bellys come out with there baby gap jersey lol.

Comment

I’m glad to see that your grouchiness is improving nicely with your advancing age.

Comment

It is really hard to watch anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I’m glad to see that your grouchiness is improving nicely with your advancing age.
                          Learned from the best. You and Rocky. lol

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                            Learned from the best. You and Rocky. lol
                            True HOFers!

Comment

You can blame the players for all of the stupid rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X