Cooking Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Prime Rib

Well we are in a short term rental. Wife brought home a 3 bone prime rib. Anyone have an oven recipe based on time/pound. If not I’ll go buy a thermometer but don’t really feel like fighting HEB crowd tomorrow

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G2Ifc8SAbU"]Alton Brown's Holiday Standing Rib Roast - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This, it’s simple.

Comment

5 minutes a pound at 500 degrees. Turn off oven and do not open for 2 hours. Perfect.

Comment

I'm no help but what time should I be there?

Comment

Seconded

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              5 minutes a pound at 500 degrees. Turn off oven and do not open for 2 hours. Perfect.

Yep, do it every Christmas, perfect every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This! Fool proof...

Comment

Come on Doug. Val got 3 bones for 3 of us. I imagine either we are all gonna overeat or eat on it a few days or both

Comment

The 5 minute method is the best way to do it. Make sure to season heavily, it will be delicious. If you sous vide, those are the absolute best.

Comment

Certified Angus Beef has an app you can download. You put in the size and what doneness you want and it tells you how long to cook it to get the correct internal temperature.

Comment

Slather it in butter and heavily kosher salt and heavily cracked black pepper and then do the 5 minutes 500 degrees I said earlier

Comment

ZZ that is what I’m gonna do and the spices I use thanks

Merry Christmas

Comment

Get the meat temp probe. Slow cook at 200 degrees until around 127 internal. Reverse sear at 500 after that until outside brown crust.
                            Have tried dang near all methods and this is best by far.

Comment

Question. If you have 2 prime ribs, each weigh 6 pounds and are cooking in separate containers, I assume that it would be 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Would that be correct? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X