Slim Ar hand guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim Ar hand guard

I'm building a 20 practical AR. I want a hand guard that is slim and lightweight. The AR will be a rifle length with a Yankee hill low pro gas block. My plan is to stay under 200 bucks. If makes any difference I'm undecided on key mod or traditional rail. I just want it slim, lightweight and easy on the hands. So please chime in and give suggestions or which ones not to buy.

I just put a key mod on my 6.5 Grendel. It is really comfortable to handle.

Comment

I handled a keymod as well and man it felt good. I hate sharp rails and fat hand guards for hunting rifle. If makes a difference it will sport a 20 inch BHW standard weight threaded barrel.

Comment

the LaRue IndexClips on a rail are the lightest, most versatile, lowest profile, and best feeling solution I've found.

Comment

Midwest industries

Shop firearms, accessories, and more at Midwest Industries, Inc. — all made with the American quality you expect and deserve.

Comment

Try this guy.
            Brigand Arms designs and develops modern carbon fiber handguards and accessories that improve your shooting performance.

Comment

Midwest Industries all the way

Comment

I'd like a smaller diameter than 1 1/2" and only one rail on top. Any ideas??

Comment

Hoytpro2001 you have a similar like as I do. Search SLR hand guards and they make a nice one. I've handled a rifle with that keymod hand guard and it feels nice. It's high on my list.

Comment

Slr gets my vote as well. They're on the short list of people putting out 16.5's and at a good price.

Comment

Midwest industries! Slimmest you'll find and tough

Comment

I just got a midwest lightweight keymod. I love it

Comment

I've put a couple of these 15" lightweight hybrid rails on build and love them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427204904.682830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24371507
                          On 18" barrel
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427204946.036319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	24371508
                          On 16" barrel