[ATTACH]1046297[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046298[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046299[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046300[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046301[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046302[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046303[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]1046304[/ATTACH]
    Got to slip off to south Texas last week for a few days with my best friend and chase some Rios. Monday and Tuesday were rough with 30+ mph winds, and birds not very interested a half hour after fly down. Managed to get one bird down Monday evening, Tuesday was a long long day that ended with our tails tucked, then Wednesday was the best day in the turkey woods I’ve ever experienced. We killed 6 great birds all mature with great hooks and beards with one being a double beard and another with triple beards. Awesome time! Headed to Kansas in a few weeks to see how them birds are doing. Congrats to all on yalls success, God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!

Congrats! It’s crazy how hit or miss they can be!

Comment

Just had 2 longbeards come through but showed zero interest in calls or decoys

Comment

Had a bird with a 5 or 6” beard come in silent. Once he cleared the grass I could see he didn’t have any spurs so I made her hold off. Still haven’t heard a peep yet.

Comment

Finally had one acting right and came in but Amy never had a clear shot. Gobbled once on his own as far away as I could hear. Next time he fired off he was significantly closer. After one more sequence he got to right behind us. He swung out to about 35 yards but was behind some trees. He paced back and forth drumming a bit but never would clear the trees. Finally he got bored and walked off. Wish it would have worked out for her but glad to have finally got to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
            Finally had one acting right and came in but Amy never had a clear shot. Gobbled once on his own as far away as I could hear. Next time he fired off he was significantly closer. After one more sequence he got to right behind us. He swung out to about 35 yards but was behind some trees. He paced back and forth drumming a bit but never would clear the trees. Finally he got bored and walked off. Wish it would have worked out for her but glad to have finally got to play the game.

I’m not complaining with the early season we’ve had but it’s been tough sleddin for some here in Karnes

These birds here this weekend have been off

Comment

Glad turkeys aren’t like deer and things can be different every day. Significantly better gobbling this morning than yesterday, even with the exact same weather conditions. Sounds like birds are on the neighbors both way up and way down the creek. Amy decided to sleep in and I don’t have any of my run-n-gun stuff so I came back to the blind. Had a couple little jakes come in but that’s it so far.

Comment

Good luck men, kill'm all!

Comment

Gave em hell in Colorado. Still very early for those birds. Very little gobbling at all. Called in a pile of jakes, then a lone 2 year old yesterday. That 2 year old became my buddy’s first turkey ever. The birds are definitely there, just not ready. I may go back next month when they’re acting better. I love hunting these mountain birds.

Comment

Birds were in a totally different mood this morning.

Weren’t able to get them off the roost but they were on late morning. Called in the first one from a LONG ways off at 10 and then we found one on the river bottom around noon.

Overall it was a good weekend of hunting but they definitely made us work for em.

Comment

I’ll let [mention]Saltyag15 [/mention] chime in and give us the recap

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
                        Gave em hell in Colorado. Still very early for those birds. Very little gobbling at all. Called in a pile of jakes, then a lone 2 year old yesterday. That 2 year old became my buddy’s first turkey ever. The birds are definitely there, just not ready. I may go back next month when they’re acting better. I love hunting these mountain birds.

Congrats on the Merriams!

I’m excited to get out to NM this weekend!

Comment

My wife got her first with a shotgun this weekend...We had a group of jakes come in and she couldnt resist so i let her rip. Other then that it seemed somewhat slow in central Texas. Lots of gobbling on the roost in the morning but after that pretty quiet for the most part.

Comment

Comment

Clay and Bones are turkey killing machines

Congrats to the wife SHSU!

No luck for me yesterday outside of those two jakes that came in. Wind started ripping pretty good mid-morning and that was all she wrote. Weather forecast doesn't look too good for this coming weekend but I'll be back out after them anyways. Hopefully it rains all week because we need it.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                                Clay and Bones are turkey killing machines

Congrats to the wife SHSU!

No luck for me yesterday outside of those two jakes that came in. Wind started ripping pretty good mid-morning and that was all she wrote. Weather forecast doesn't look too good for this coming weekend but I'll be back out after them anyways. Hopefully it rains all week because we need it.
                                Good luck! Weather in North Texas and NM look perfect

It was stupid dry at that ranch this weekend. You could see for hundreds of yards through the mesquite flats

Comment

Working...
                                X