No announcement yet.

I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him not posting is not a problem. Hopefully he is spending his time more wisely. Many of us take a lot of time away from our family to post things that don’t matter. Family time would be better use of our time. Again I fail at that but luckily I have not had regular social media or I would be surely missing out. My family calls TBH daddy’s Facebook

Comment

Praying for you, Brother!,

Comment

I am praying that you will reach out to those on here who have reached out to you. There is a lot of wisdom within the members of this site, and there have been numerous demonstrations of deep caring for those in need over the years.
        God, really, can take impossible situations and turn them to good when we trust that he can.
        I look forward to hearing how your situation changes as you let God deal with you and it.

Comment

Hoping you take advantage of the help being offered here bud. The green screen has a lot of ears willing to listen. Sometimes a few conversations can make all the difference.

Prayers going up for you.

J

Comment

Prayers sent for resiliency and the Peace that only comes from a relationship with Jesus. We live in a fallen world and life is a struggle, even for those that you think have it all in order, they do not without Jesus.

Comment

Prayers. But Talk to someone!!! seriously make your self talk to someone. Don't keep it in. Seek someone to vent to, a professional who can help. And Don't lie to them. Tell them how you feel. I agree prayers, God, and all but DO NOT keep it in. This is something very very close to home with me.

Ask for help but also seek it please!

Comment

Prayers sent. Hang in there and reach out to some of these fine people. None are judgmental, but truly care about your well being.

Comment

Does anybody know him? He’s not responded PMs I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank everyone so much for your prayers and kind words. I found myself in a very dark place and I started texting close friends, praying and found professional help. I'm putting one step in front of the other, working on coping techniques and staying sober. It is hard enough navigating through life without alcohol but it is probably the worst thing you can do when everything is falling apart. Now I'm feel better and I will be ****ed if I don't want a drink while typing this too but I not going to. I cannot tell you guys how great the TBH fellowship is here and I appreciate everyone of you. Have a great day and a great weekend. God bless.
                    Last edited by C-dubyah; 04-09-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        Thank everyone so much for your prayers and kind words. I found myself in a very dark place and I started texting close friends, praying and found professional help. I'm putting one step in front of the other, working on coping techniques and staying sober. It is hard enough navigating through life without alcohol but it is probably the worst thing you can do when everything is falling apart. Now I'm feel better and I will be ****ed if I don't want a drink while typing this too but I not going to. I cannot tell you guys how great the TBH fellowship is here and I appreciate everyone of you. Have a great day and a great weekend. God bless.

I know you think you’re navigating thru life without alcohol, while the truth is you’re having to navigate the current situation BECAUSE of alcohol. Reach out to family, friends, professionals. Until you figure out the “why” you drink to excess, this will be a vicious cycle. It’s absolutely more to this than “willpower”.
                        I’m not judging or preaching, I have lived it and made it to the other side. Prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yay!! So glad to hear that you’re upright and mobile, C-dubya! And while it sounds like you feel pretty crappy, it also sounds like you’ve made significant strides in taking control of your situation. It takes a real man to do this. (And, no, I’m not just blowing smoke up your skirt.)

Wow...staying sober, reaching out to someone for professional help, making behavioral changes, and doubling down on your talks with God...he**, each of these alone is a significant challenge, but to tackle them all together takes guts. Real guts. Do you realize how many people wish they could take the steps you did, but do not have the motivation, courage, or are too self-centered to do so? Frankly, sir, I’m very impressed.

You’ll fall off the wagon a time or too. Everybody does; and when you do, allow yourself no guilt and don’t indulge in self-recrimination, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, move forward, and don’t look back. I, too, have stared down into that dark abyss of misery and hopelessness, and when you’re there, you can see no way out. In my case, my motivation was that there were (are) people who needed me and people who depended on me. Ultimately, I decided I didn’t have the luxury to indulge in misery, grief, self-pity, and detachment. The coping and compensation skills I listed above are some of the things that things that worked for me. Hope they are of help to you, too.

Keep moving forward and always keep the faith!

Comment

Yay!! So glad to hear that you’re upright and mobile, C-dubya! And while it sounds like you feel pretty crappy, it also sounds like you’ve made significant strides in taking control of your situation. It takes a real man to do this. (And, no, I’m not just blowing smoke up your skirt.)

Wow...staying sober, reaching out to someone for professional help, making behavioral changes, and doubling down on your talks with God...he**, each of these alone is a significant challenge, but to tackle them all together takes guts. Real guts. Do you realize how many people wish they could take the steps you did, but do not have the motivation, courage, or are too self-centered to do so? Frankly, sir, I’m very impressed.

You’ll fall off the wagon a time or too. Everybody does; and when you do, allow yourself no guilt and don’t indulge in self-recrimination, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, move forward, and don’t look back. I, too, have stared down into that dark abyss of misery and hopelessness, and when you’re there, you can see no way out. In my case, my motivation was that there were (are) people who needed me and people who depended on me. Ultimately, I decided I didn’t have the luxury to indulge in misery, grief, self-pity, and detachment. The coping and compensation skills I listed above are some of the things that things that worked for me. Hope they are of help to you, too.

Keep moving forward and always keep the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                              Well this post makes my day, thanks for following up with us. Your OP's been in the back of my mind ever since I read it. Hang in there and keep fighting through it, sounds like you can see the right path ahead.

Comment

Keep fighting brother. You can get through this. I’ll continue to pray for you. Keep praying yourself and moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X