Brussels sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brussels sprouts

I have brussels sprouts in my garden that were hit by the freeze like everything else. One plant died but the rest have come back. The fruit that was on them before the freeze is yellow and brown, looks no good. The planets are still growing and have sprouted new fruit since the freeze that looks good. Should I let them grow or is it going to get to hot for them. My plan was to pull them out to put in okra but if they have a chance to grow maybe I should wait. I’m new to the gardening thing so any help would be appreciated.

Don't replant Brussel sprouts. It was God telling you no one wants to eat them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love me some sprouts.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
        Don't replant Brussel sprouts. It was God telling you no one wants to eat them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        This ^^^^^.

Comment

They don't like hot weather..Fall plant and they survive most freezes...There either a Love/ Hate veg Likeem ////Hatem I LOVEM

Comment

If they aren't in the way of your Spring garden, see what they will do.
            Brussels sprouts are delicious if cooked right.

Comment

The freeze did you a favor!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                If they aren't in the way of your Spring garden, see what they will do.
                Brussels sprouts are delicious if cooked right.
                There ya geaux ^^^^^^

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd prune the yellow/brown stuff and let 'em grow. Brussel sprouts are good and good for you.

My favorite way to cook them:

Slice sprouts in half lengthwise.
                  Dice some bacon into small bits and fry it.
                  When bacon is about done, leave bacon and grease in the skillet and dump in the sprouts.
                  Cook them until browned on both sides in the bacon.
                  Remove all the sprouts and bacon bits from the skillet and strain the grease.
                  Place them on paper towels to soak up any excess grease, and then serve.

Delicious!

Comment

That sounds like a good recipe Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      I'd prune the yellow/brown stuff and let 'em grow. Brussel sprouts are good and good for you.

When bacon is about done, leave bacon and grease in the skillet and dump in the sprouts.

Delicious!

Yep! Add a half onion just for good measure as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I gagged just seeing the thread title. However they are very good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Yep! Add a half onion just for good measure as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Word

Comment

For those that think they don't like Brussels Sprouts....take 1# of sprouts and cut off the stem portion even with the bottom of the sprout, slice them down the middle long ways, Cut up a whole yellow or white onion, and a 2 large jalapeños. Fry a pound of bacon to crispy, in your disc cooker. Remove bacon, put the veggies in the grease and sear until a brown crust has formed. Remove and put in large bowl, crumble up the bacon into it. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Delicious!
                              They were good for you until you added the bacon and grease.

Comment

Working...
                              X