Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccinations and future travel

Guy's

I had a trip planned to Argentina for July of 2020 and it was postponed due to Covid. Well it is rescheduled for the last week of June and come back July 3rd 2021.

Do you think vaccinations will be required to get into Argentina or be required to get back in the US. They currently are not, just testing prior to entry. I don't see how they can force a US citizen to be vaccinated before re-entry to the US.

I do not want to get the vaccine at this time.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I thought several of the airlines were already requiring proof of vaccine to board a flight.

Comment

Don’t have an answer for you now but going to Argentina Feb 2022 so interested to know what you find out. Glad to hear they are opening back up to hunting in June.

Comment

If they do, it won't be that soon. Maybe argentina but not the US.

Next year when all these people have to be re vaccinated again will be the real test of what company's and countries do.

Comment

You will probably have to test within 3 days for re entry.

Comment

With 3 international flights booked none are requiring the vaccination. I did have to show a negative covid result to deplane in Alaska however for my Dall sheep hunt. [emoji854] I believe that will be the protocol entering most countries.....and returning to the US. I get Global Rescue updates weekly and have not noticed any posting on mandatory vaccines. My 2nd shot is on Thursday and tracking Pfizer data is pretty benign to this point.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

How are they going to stop you from entering the US?

Comment

Do you need to be vaccinated against measles, mumps, the flu, polio, all those other things the anti vaxxers want us to catch again, etc...to enter the US? If not, I'm sure you will be fine.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys, this is a father son trip with about 12 fathers and sons going. My dad is pressuring me to get the vaccine because of the trip.

I don't see it being a requirement by the time of the trip I just want to see what your thoughts and experiences are.

Right now Argentina is requiring a test prior to boarding the a flight for entry and the same is for the US.

Comment

I have a feeling I'm going to have to make a tough decision soon. I'm adamantly against the vaccine right now. But...for my job (Buyer for H-E-B), I do travel a fair amount and usually 1-2 international trips each year. H-E-B isn't requiring the vaccine for employees, but travelling for my specific role is required. You see where this is going. It's a matter of time before I have to make a decision on this.

Comment

Wife and I discussed it and this is the only reason we would get the vaccine. We like to travel, so if it becomes mandatory we will get it.

Right now we have one trip to Mexico for late June and the only requirement is a test before we come back.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think US citizens can travel to Argentina? Border was still closed last week, unless ya'll know something I don't? I'm supposed to be there in July as well.

Comment

I did get the vaccine just in case, though. Hopefully if nothing else it alleviates the need to test.

Comment

You don't "have to get it" but it would be one crazy road trip. My guess airlines will start to require it at some point. I would get the shot over with myself before you get covid and spend the next 6 months to year with no taste or smell. Or tell you dad I'll go if he's buying

Comment

I'm not at all against any vaccine. I think they should be available to everyone that wants one. I'm totally against requiring vaccines (or any other medical treatment) though. Should be a choice.

Nothing wrong with a COVID test prior to travel, though. We're going to Turks & Caicos next month, and we'll have to have a negative test prior to getting on the plane to go there and then another test prior to coming back home. My wife has had COVID, and she's had the J&J vax too. She still has to have a negative test going and coming in order to travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X