2021 Bass Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    My kiddo has taken a liken to fishing. She finally held one.

Awesome, good on you for taking her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone fished live waterdogs before? Got some ordered for this weekend and just wanted some tips on how y’all have fished them

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Has anyone fished live waterdogs before? Got some ordered for this weekend and just wanted some tips on how y’all have fished them
        I've fished them two ways.

1st, was Carolina rigged when fishing deep. Hook them trough lips with big circle hook with weed guard. Chunk it out, let sink to bottom and hold on. You could tell you were about to get bit because your rod tip would start to shimmy.

2nd way was weight less Texas rigged in shallow water.. Do the same as above.

We would feed line to them so they could roam around freely. Don't set the hook to soon either.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          I've fished them two ways.

1st, was Carolina rigged when fishing deep. Hook them trough lips with big circle hook with weed guard. Chunk it out, let sink to bottom and hold on. You could tell you were about to get bit because your rod tip would start to shimmy.

2nd way was weight less Texas rigged in shallow water.. Do the same as above.

We would feed line to them so they could roam around freely. Don't set the hook to soon either.
          Thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying them. Always heard about it just never have done it.

Comment

My dad has two 10’s on his wall from using water dogs. Hook them thru the lips weightless, and throw close to a bed. Then hang on!!!!

Comment

Biting good out west !
              70 degree surface temp
              Attached Files

Comment

Back in the 90's on Fayette we fished them often. big fish all day long. I always hooked them through the lips with a weightless, weedless hook. I put a pink bead on the line in front of the hook. I told myself it looked like it was trying to eat something. Not like I needed any extra confidence in it. You've never seen a bass hit so hard.

Comment

Way to go Rut-ro. That's a happy kid.

Comment

What a cute pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Back in the 90's on Fayette we fished them often. big fish all day long. I always hooked them through the lips with a weightless, weedless hook. I put a pink bead on the line in front of the hook. I told myself it looked like it was trying to eat something. Not like I needed any extra confidence in it. You've never seen a bass hit so hard.
                      Y’all are getting me excited for fishing them. Have a couple of kids coming out sat. They are fishing a virtual tournament and live bait is allowed. From what I’m hearing some 10lb fish should be caught

Comment

Y’all are getting me excited for fishing them. Have a couple of kids coming out sat. They are fishing a virtual tournament and live bait is allowed. From what I’m hearing some 10lb fish should be caught

I’ve only used them in less than 4’ of water. We used a weed less hook with no weight some, and it works!

If you’re in brush where they can swim into it and Jack you up, use a 1/2 oz egg sinker on the line, free to slide up and down the line. You can feel them pull line through the weight, and give them as much as you want, but they can’t move the weight.

Hook them through the lips, they are tough as holy hell. You can catch a lot of fish on one without killing it. Should be a great time for kids....tell them to hang on TIGHT, to that rod!

Comment

We caught a couple at deer camp this weekend. He doesn’t like “lures” anymore, prefers plastics...so he lost a few too. Still learning the feel of it, and when/how to set the hook. Always fun watching him fight fish though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I’ve only used them in less than 4’ of water. We used a weed less hook with no weight some, and it works!

If you’re in brush where they can swim into it and Jack you up, use a 1/2 oz egg sinker on the line, free to slide up and down the line. You can feel them pull line through the weight, and give them as much as you want, but they can’t move the weight.

Hook them through the lips, they are tough as holy hell. You can catch a lot of fish on one without killing it. Should be a great time for kids....tell them to hang on TIGHT, to that rod!

Good info Dale. And your boy is getting big and we are getting old

Comment

your boy is getting big and we are getting old
                              And there ain’t no gettin around that!

Comment

Using waterdogs is kinda like a crossbow, its cheating

Comment

Working...
                                X