Conroe Bulkhead Smash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conroe Bulkhead Smash!

They are definitely on the bulkheads. We went out this morning and put 51 in the boat. We took shrimp in case the shad didn't cooperate, which they didn't. I guess the low temp of 43 this morning kept them out but we killed them on shrimp on the usual bulkheads I fish during spring. They were not stacked up on any one bulkhead. We caught 8 here and 10 there but good steady fishing bouncing around. I took a buddy from work who has not caught alot of fish ever and he had a blast! It was a great morning and will be a great fish fry Easter Sunday for the family. Ended up filling up a 120qt cooler with cats with 9qt bags of fillets
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hogslayer78; 04-02-2021, 06:13 PM.

I’m jealous!Congrats

Comment

Dangit man. That alot of filleting. We were after some bass earlier and didn't do much good.

Comment

Wow. That’s a haul

Comment

Way to put a whoopin on them!

Comment

That’s a sure nuff meat haul!

Comment

A great day fishing, that’s an outstanding catch! Your new fisherman work buddy now knows how good it can get. Enjoy that family Easter fish fry.

Comment

Good job! Yall enjoy the fish fry!

Comment

Solid work Mike

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work, that'll make a great fish fry for sure. Congrats on a great day of fishing.

Comment

Dang mike, I wish I didn’t have so much going on this weekend. Will definitely be there next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Dang mike, I wish I didn’t have so much going on this weekend. Will definitely be there next weekend.

This is like only my first or second time out all spring Justin. Normally im there every weekend the end of March and all of April. We been working crazy hrs. Next weekend we have Montgomery County Livestock show

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          This is like only my first or second time out all spring Justin. Normally im there every weekend the end of March and all of April. We been working crazy hrs. Next weekend we have Montgomery County Livestock show

Only been once and didn’t catch anything. Every time I get ready to go, a **** cold front blows in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Only been once and didn’t catch anything. Every time I get ready to go, a **** cold front blows in.

That got us this morning too as far as the shad run but cats were still there. Normally we limit out on hybrids and cats but we use shad. Thankfully I took shrimp as a back up this morning because we only caught like 10 shad and only one cat on shad. All the rest on shrimp.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              That got us this morning too as far as the shad run but cats were still there. Normally we limit out on hybrids and cats but we use shad. Thankfully I took shrimp as a back up this morning because we only caught like 10 shad and only one cat on shad. All the rest on shrimp.

That shrimp is cheap insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X