Thermacell Scent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell Scent

Does anyone have any proof that the scent Thermacells put off have alerted animals of danger?

I started thinking about this while I had mine on up in a tree stand the other night hunting for hogs. I turned it off after having it on for about an hour. I have only used it twice and both times I never saw anything. Could it be coincidental? What are your experiences?

I have had zero issues and sometimes use 2. But I don't hog hunt!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the earth scent.
      But if it makes any difference idk.
      I have used both n got a deer.

Comment

I've used it and had deer within 5 yards of my ground blind.

Comment

I have had both hogs and deer act spooky when using it, but it was when i had run out of the regular pads and had to use the pads made for my patio thermocell.

Comment

Never had any game pay it much attention.

Comment

Used them since they came out and never had any deer or anything else be bothered by it.

Comment

Good to hear that overall its a positive experience. I may have just over analyzed it!

Comment

It seems the general belief is that they don’t bother deer, but they will make hogs spook.

I’ve never had issues with any critters personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can tell you this. They spook a lot more when I'm swatting at mosquitoes. I will take my chances with the scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                      I can tell you this. They spook a lot more when I'm swatting at mosquitoes. I will take my chances with the scent.
                      This right here! And, I use them alot so i'm not swatting at skeeters and have never had an issue.

Comment

I think it depends on how spooky they are with scents in general. Some places the deer are used to human scents or strange scents and don't seem to give it much thought, some places they will smell a spot on the ground you walked 2 weeks ago in rubber boots and bolt.

Comment

i hunt in a swamp bottom that always holds water, so mine is on everytime i hunt. I have deer at 20 yards just about every hunt.

Comment

If the wind is blowing toward the animal. They are smelling your scent not the thermacell!

If the wind is right for where you are hunting, it will not matter. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              Used them since they came out and never had any deer or anything else be bothered by it.
                              This. I have been praising the makers of Thermacell since Day 1 of product being on the market. I may have been one of their initial sales! For real!

Comment

Working...
                              X