No announcement yet.

Chad Morris to Allen High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did a good job when he was coaching here. Good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
      Why all the complaining? They were great when they had Kylar Murray but haven't done much since. Duncanville North Shore Katy Austin westlake has had way more success lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
      Facts, my assumption is that they believe by adding a coach with recent collegiate experience they will win 3 state titles in a row.....[emoji848][emoji1787]

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
        Allen HS has a completely unfair enrollment advantage. Anywhere else the town would have been divided into 2 or 3 separate high schools. I think every state championship they own should have double asterisks ** by it and the runner up should also have one noting the enrollment numbers.
        Well don't forget they built a completely separate campus for freshmen.

Comment

25,000 people never show up to watch the band play. But football... yes they sell lots of T-Shirts and pack the stands. It is a money maker for the H.S. and district. Do not forget the positive attributes of HS sports. Team work, Coaches keep them in school with good grades and lots of other great things. Are there shady things going at some locations of course. But the good out weighs the bad.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
            I feel sorry for Allen. Had high hopes when he came to Arkansas and all were unfulfilled.
            Hammer Down, Left Lane, feet on the floor, worst coach ever in CFB.

Comment

Arkansas never should have hired him he was starting to coast at SMU just like June Jones started to do

then he did not even move his family to Arkansas to fully commit I know his son was a senior and he could afford to run two households, but it was just a terrible start at Arkansas that needed a coach that was fully bought in not a guy just dipping his toe in the water after coasting a season at SMU

he was not great at Auburn either so I can't blame him to taking a HS HC job instead of a lower level coordinator position (if he even had an offer) or a position coach

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                He did a good job when he was coaching here. Good guy.
                I knew him when he was at BC and agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Hammer Down, Left Lane, feet on the floor, worst coach ever in CFB.
                  Lol

Comment

[QUOTE=HR3;15548210]I believe most 6A division 1 schools have similar enrollments.... [emoji38]

This is a laughable statement. We're in the same district as Allen...they have 4,000+ more students than Guyer. I'm not hating on them but it makes it easier to field championship level teams in all sports when you have an almost 2X advantage in students.

Comment

[quote=TCB;15549470]
                      Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      I believe most 6A division 1 schools have similar enrollments.... [emoji38]

This is a laughable statement. We're in the same district as Allen...they have 4,000+ more students than Guyer. I'm not hating on them but it makes it easier to field championship level teams in all sports when you have an almost 2X advantage in students.
                      Denton Guyer is 6A Division 2... And made it to the Semifinals.... You may never win the District with a Division 1 school in it. But you play comparable schools in the playoffs... Same as Desto and Cedar Hill being in the same District

Comment

As I see it, one downside of a high school with 6900 students is the number of kids who get deprived of the experience of playing high school sports . With that many to draw from there's going to be dozens of kids in every sport who could easily make a team at a school with an enrollment of 3,000, but the cream of that huge Allen crop is very talented. How many of you guys that treasure your high school football years would have made the team if your school had 6900 students?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          As I see it, one downside of a high school with 6900 students is the number of kids who get deprived of the experience of playing high school sports . With that many to draw from there's going to be dozens of kids in every sport who could easily make a team at a school with an enrollment of 3,000, but the cream of that huge Allen crop is very talented. How many of you guys that treasure your high school football years would have made the team if your school had 6900 students?
                          I agree. It seems like Frisco purposely does this, and always seem to add a high school to keep their high schools competing in 5A (the old 4A). This also gives a lot of kids a chance at joining multiple sports as well.

Comment

Good point!

Comment

I agree with this as well. Also, it's not just sports...you could rope in other groups like the band, cheerleaders, drill team and so on.

Comment

[quote=HR3;15549539]
                                Originally posted by TCB View Post
                                Denton Guyer is 6A Division 2... And made it to the Semifinals.... You may never win the District with a Division 1 school in it. But you play comparable schools in the playoffs... Same as Desto and Cedar Hill being in the same District

They may not be Div 2 every year. There are 2 other schools in 5-6A that are smaller than DG so they could easily go D1 depending on who makes the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X