No announcement yet.

Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the next few weeks, I have to make a decision if I am going to go ahead with a stick built or a higher-end mobile home with all the upgrades to put on our land in Harper.
    I'd rather face 3 guys in a dark alley than deal with this.

Comment

OMG! I'm shocked!!

Comment

Every trade / material is up right now. It's supply and demand. This is the largest storm (freeze) related event I have ever seen or had to deal with.

People are paying premium because they have zero patience to wait for the materials that are so far backed up.

We have pool equipment being stolen around our neighborhood. Any material not locked up on sites is long gone. A LOT of damages.

Comment

Gonna get worse folks unless the buffoons running the country will shut down the printing presses. We still have another 15 million migrants to support as well plus the “11,000,000” that are already here. Ever wonder why that 11 million number has never increased over that past 10 years or so?How many more have entered since then and never left, had kid, grandchildren. Sad deal folks.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
            The huge increase in lumber has caused me to postpone building my retirement home. I will have to stay where I am for a while waiting to see if it comes down. I am not really hopeful the price will come down.
            I was in your shoes last summer when our lumber package went up $20,000 but because of the interest rates being below 3% we thought we'd come out ahead in the long run so we built.

Comment

I can buy 1/2in B2 Birch ply for 42 a sheet.

That's nuts OSB is almost that much.

Comment

My 500.00 dollar chicken coop is now pushing 1200.00, lol. Crazy times .

I am in trucking and loads that normally cost 600 max are now at 1000.00.

I paid 4k from Dallas to Denver last week, usually pay 2800.00

we in for it I am afraid

Comment

I am about to build a mother in law apartment. Its going to be stupid expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    I was in your shoes last summer when our lumber package went up $20,000 but because of the interest rates being below 3% we thought we'd come out ahead in the long run so we built.
                    You did good then. Same quote I have from December for $49k today is $62k for framing lumber only. Everything else from concrete up is increasing this month as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I paid $130 for 3 sheets of smart panel at Lowes yesterday. That hurt but I gotta get my dadgum deer stand fixed up.
                      Turns out I may have cut my window openings incorrectly, so I may very well have to spend it again. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Turns out I may have cut my window openings incorrectly, so I may very well have to spend it again. SMDH
                        Like my Dad always said. "I cut that board 3 times and its still to short, guess I better measure it this time".

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          Gonna get worse folks unless the buffoons running the country will shut down the printing presses. We still have another 15 million migrants to support as well plus the “11,000,000” that are already here. Ever wonder why that 11 million number has never increased over that past 10 years or so?How many more have entered since then and never left, had kid, grandchildren. Sad deal folks.
                          Printing presses? You must be taking about the Insurance Companies that are paying for the largest storm related damage in the history of claims.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Printing presses? You must be taking about the Insurance Companies that are paying for the largest storm related damage in the history of claims.
                            He's probably talking about our leaders in Washington that spent 6.5 trillion last year. a 47% increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              He's probably talking about our leaders in Washington that spent 6.5 trillion last year. a 47% increase.
                              I am sure Bruce is talking about that. That is what I got. Just sending out checks to people and creating money(printing presses).

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                                tell me why 7/16 OSB was $7 and 3/4 plywood was $32 a year and a half ago and now the OSB is $32 and the plywood is $36....makes no **** sense. All of the plywoods(inc OSB) are $32-36....how is that possible???
                                1.5 years ago 3/4” plywood was only $16-$20 per sheet. I buy it every month.

Comment

Working...
                                X