Fiber Optic in the Middle of Nowhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiber Optic in the Middle of Nowhere.

Even though we live 15 miles from town and a mile out on the gravel in the middle of nowhere we just got connected to fiber optic. Our provider Citizens Mutual is making good on their promise to have every home in the county on fiber. We have been on an old school copper cable up until today that ran on about 15mbps if we were lucky.

Contractors ran the cable last summer and fall down our road and to the house. The Citizens Mutual in house techs got us hooked up inside the house this morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Huge difference....................

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Starlink has rural ISPs scrambling.

A lot the customers they treated as "just be lucky you even have the internet" can get high quality sat internet now or very soon at least

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Starlink has rural ISPs scrambling.

A lot the customers they treated as "just be lucky you even have the internet" can get high quality sat internet now or very soon at least
          My business as a fiber optic splicer will soon be obsolete when the sat internet rolls out to the general public.

Comment

I just ran a couple of speed tests. I will take this over what we have had for the last year and a half. I think we are paying for 50mbps but I am good with this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I ever get fiber optic out my way I just might buy me a computer.

Comment

Working...
              X