Kubota vs Bad Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubota vs Bad Boy

Been in the market for a new zero turn mower. Pretty much had my mind made up on getting the Bad Boy ZT Elite 54” with the Kawasaki motor at $5100. Well today my buddy who is a sales rep told me about a gently used Kubota z421kw 54” also with the Kawasaki motor with about 100 hours for $4500. Not sure what I should go with. Hadn’t looked into Kubota because thought they were above my price range. Any thoughts on what y’all think would be better based on KDR IOU’s experience with one or both.

Kubota

Comment

if the engines are the same model that eliminates that

both are welded decks Bad Boy is 7 gauge not sure on Kubota

it looks like Bad Boy uses a Hydro Gear 3100 while Kubota is a Hydro Gear 3600

An unmatched combination of rugged performance and value without sacrifice.

the 3600 looks to be the more heavy duty unit

you will want to verify all of that with the two actual units you are looking at, but those will be the major areas of concern outside of dealer service

to me it is engine quality then price and dealer service when looking at very comparable units then hydro quality and rebuild or replacement cost (usually the thing that gives the most issues if you have a quality engine and eliminate that issue) then deck quality

of course comfort and ease of use matter as well, but that is subjective to various users and there are so many mowers on the market with the same engines (or engines of equal quality) and good welded decks that you can find one to meet your comfort and operating style so the hydros come up as a major thing to look at in terms or cost to replace or rebuild and durability and long term availability

so price and dealer service is big.....really dealer service can make or break it as well there are too many good brands to buy a mower from a crappy dealer even if is is a good brand

you want to avoid hydros that are one off types or they are not off the self components IE they are an OEM built part and will probably be discontinued sooner than later

Comment

I’ve had a kubota z121 for 5 or so years now. Replaced one pulley, couple belts, and a battery. About 300 some hours on it.

I like the machine, not sure it’s any better than a bad boy though.

Comment

Kubota !

Comment

The Kubota will have a better resale value.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
              The Kubota will have a better resale value.
              This! I’ve got both, Kubota.

Comment

We had a kubota mower here at the ranch I work at. That is the best mower I have ever sat on. Bad to the bone!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is no comparison between the two.

Comment

I've had my Kubota for 5 yrs. now and haven't had any problems at all. Kawasaki engine was what I shopped for when I bought it.

Comment

Kubota all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                        There is no comparison between the two.
                        Because the Kubota is way better?

Comment

Bad boy has way better commercials

Comment

I have a bad boy and don’t like it, have had countless problems .

Comment

I have one of the bigger bad boys. No complaints. It’s built like a tank. So is Kubota but is significantly more expensive. I didn’t see it was worth it myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X