Thieves got me again! 2x in 2 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    I'm in restaurant and gun is outside in locked vehicle, not sure on other option.
    Easy. A safe either bolted to the floor or cabled.

Comment

I had my vehicle broken into 20 years ago...and to this day, I will skip stopping somewhere if I have anything of value in my truck. Even if I stop for fuel and go inside the store, I'm paranoid that some moron will try to grab something out of my truck while I'm inside, and I hurry back out as quickly as possible while trying to keep an eye on the truck while I'm inside. Thieves suck, and should be dealt with harshly from day one...but these days, there is no fear of punishment, therefore they are brazen and bold

Sorry to hear of your losses, OP...but yeah, don't leave anything in your vehicle for any length of time if you can avoid it. And as has been stated already, I also refuse to put a sticker on my truck. I'm not gonna advertise to a thief that there might be hunting gear, fishing equipment, firearms, etc in my truck

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Wow! First off, I hate a thief and hope someone catches him in the act and can do something about it. But, really man, leaving a gun in the car/truck overnight? What are you thinking? Twice! And, like someone already stated, now you've armed two bad guys. Irresponsible!
        And the kind of statistics the gun grabber politicians use against us.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if either of the thieves are aware there are laws against this type of firearm ownership transfer.

Comment

Hate that you got your stuff stolen, twice. That said, I probably would have kept the 2nd time to myself. Hell maybe even the first time. If you get anything stolen out of your truck worth anything, probably best not to post on here. Not gonna find much sympathy. Hope you can chalk it up to lesson learned the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              Hate that you got your stuff stolen, twice. That said, I probably would have kept the 2nd time to myself. Hell maybe even the first time. If you get anything stolen out of your truck worth anything, probably best not to post on here. Not gonna find much sympathy. Hope you can chalk it up to lesson learned the hard way.
              Yeah, not too smart posting this here in the first place. We all do stupid things from time to time, but you won't catch me braggin' on it.

Comment

Buy you a HiPoint nobody will steal that ugly thing. $179. for a full size 40.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Well you have armed two thugs with new weapons, and they didn’t have to enter your home to get them.
                  You think they will register them when that goes into effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    It only took one getting stolen in my vehicle in 2004 to make me never leave anything of value in my truck ever again.....nothing I care to lose anyway. It sucks and is a PITA having to take it in and out every trip but its cheap insurance I get to keep my hard earned stuff.....
                    This. I watched my full sized spare get taken from my truck in broad daylight in my work parking lot...couldn't get to them in time. From then on I don't leave anything I'm not willing to lose in ANY vehicle.

I agree we shouldn't have to lock our things up, but the reality is we do...even in your own home. My house was burglarized in 2011 and they made off with 3 firearms. The result?...I bought a giant safe. Sucks we have to go through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      It sucks, but stop keeping your valuables and especially guns in your vehicles! Geez.
                      Especially in Sleesville!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that again Corey. Lessons learned.

Comment

A cheap alternative to locking in a vault, get a pair of handcuffs and lock them to the seat rail if you have to. That's if you don't have a LTC.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Thieves suck.

Comment

you had a perfectly good holster so why was the gun in your truck?

There is a lesson to be learned from this, you have had 2 chances so I hope it sunk it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Ummm. LTC?

Orrrrrrr (not that I’m suggesting to break the law) who would know if you didn’t leave it in the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Uh......mossberg tactical shotgun.......Don’t assume everyone travels with pea shooters...
                                Last edited by friscopaint; 03-17-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X