ABSURDITY. UTD cancelling classes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Interesting. I did not know Parker was now a University as compared to Parker College. You back crackers are getting uppity now.

Yessir they have a multitude of degrees programs and certifications. But you know it, we’re starting to come up in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=MBV77;15473849]Peaster also never required students to wear masks. That district is doing it right.

Clearly not the smartest ISD. Not to wear masks is inviting the spread of this virus and detrimental to the overall goal of getting the nation back to normality. The phrase To stupid to live comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Yep, they do, called a cell phone. Every kid older than seven has one.
        So the expectation is for colleges to not plan ahead in order to prevent potential losses of life? For schools to just wait until the last minute to let people know if their week(s) long assignments are due or not? Wait until the last minute to overload their servers and networks and have their overly competent IT department standing by to fix all the issues that arise? Not to mention all the teachers/profs that have to do 3x the work grading/assessing assignments for some in person others online and some after the fact that don't have access to such amazing technological advances such as yourself? Oh and we are to suppose that kids can actually complete college level classes from a cell phone? What a disaster that would be!!! Try being in the middle of an upload and losing whatever it is your trying to upload.... Have that happen a couple times and see that cell phone fly out the window into a snow bank!!

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=lovetohunt;15477036]
          Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          Peaster also never required students to wear masks. That district is doing it right.

Clearly not the smartest ISD. Not to wear masks is inviting the spread of this virus and detrimental to the overall goal of getting the nation back to normality. The phrase To stupid to live comes to mind.
          here we go. Please continue on this mask wizardry.

Comment

Here we are having a good discussion, some agree, some dont, and then you come here name calling. What a tough keyboard cowboy you are. I know you wouldn't talk like that to me face to face. I just know it.
            Yes I would. You run your mouth till someone calls you on it then you act like the victim.

Comment

TT Rocks!
              Maybe so, but I do understand other colleges cancelling. I can tell you from experience that trying to join Zoom or other virtual meeting softwares using cellular data or a hotspot hardly works (audio and video both cut out). Prerecorded lectures would likely be fine, but synchronous meetings would be a nightmare. Not to mention exams that autosubmit whenever the internet drops for a few seconds.

If Lubbock had the power issues everybody else has right now, I believe that all online courses would be cancelled as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                Maybe so, but I do understand other colleges cancelling. I can tell you from experience that trying to join Zoom or other virtual meeting softwares using cellular data or a hotspot hardly works (audio and video both cut out). Prerecorded lectures would likely be fine, but synchronous meetings would be a nightmare. Not to mention exams that autosubmit whenever the internet drops for a few seconds.

If Lubbock had the power issues everybody else has right now, I believe that all online courses would be cancelled as well.
                This... its more of a PITA to go back and try and fix everything that got messed up, assignments not submitted, some making it on time, putting bandaid here, picking up the pieces there, making exceptions for some students who had problems. Than to just outright cancel them for a week.

Not a difficult concept to grasp.

Snowflake out.

Comment

Rolling black out, Just plan blackouts. Some students don't have internet at their houses and go to McDonald's to view class and do their work. Not everyone is previlaged enough to have everything to have it easy. There are a lot of different variables you would never imagine that come into play in college and public school.
                  I am a online instructor myself. I didn't have power from Sunday 4am till last night at 4:30 am.
                  I was" trying to start" my first week of a new 4 week long class. It's not easy.
                  I texted one of my players in my class who had electricity and he emailed my class for me. We got it done.
                  We pushed my class back a week and will start next Monday.
                  My daughter is a high school principal and deals with this sort of thing daily.

The problem with you is your mind is "Set".
                  Your yet another person complaining about a subject they know nothing...well everything about!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                    This... its more of a PITA to go back and try and fix everything that got messed up, assignments not submitted, some making it on time, putting bandaid here, picking up the pieces there, making exceptions for some students who had problems. Than to just outright cancel them for a week.

Not a difficult concept to grasp.

Snowflake out.
                    Knowledge and fact here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Yes I would. You run your mouth till someone calls you on it then you act like the victim.
                      No victim here. I hope to meet you. Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post

Okay, but this thread is 100 posts and only one other college has announced closing online classes. UTA, same system.

Comment

No victim here. I hope to meet you. Have a good day.
                          I know a guy... First rule about fight club is don't talk about fight club.

Comment

My wife is getting her masters online from Lamar University. She just got an email saying all her week's assignments have been waived.

Comment

Okay, but this thread is 100 posts and only one other college has announced closing online classes. UTA, same system.
                              SFA, TVCC, TJC, NTCC, TAMU-C. These are the ones that I know for sure that have canceled online classes.
                              Last edited by BJ DUPLECHAIN; 02-17-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

ABSURDITY. UTD cancelling classes.

[quote=lovetohunt;15477036]
                                Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                                Peaster also never required students to wear masks. That district is doing it right.

Many school districts are envious of them, they just don’t have the balls to make the ‘wear a mask only if you want to’ a policy.

Edit.....the bottom paragraph in the quote isn’t mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X