GM 6.6 duramax-good/bad/ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM 6.6 duramax-good/bad/ugly

I have always been a Ford guy but the GM looks nice. What do I need to know about the Duramax?

The duramax is a great truck. I have an 18 with The LP5 motor and I have had zero issues. A couple of hot shot drivers out here have the newer body style and they love them. A couple are over a 150k of hard west Texas miles and have had zero engine problems. One gentleman did say he has had to replace a couple of bushings on the front suspension. The dirt roads are bad out here. Great truck and I love mine.

Comment

I have a 13’ dually and it has been great. Pulls anything I’ve put behind it with ease. A couple of buddies switched from Cummins to the new Duramax and they really like them.

Comment

I know many people with them and not aware of any of them having any real issues

Comment

Bought at 20 last May. Had a short in my trailer connection box. Replaced under warranty. Other than that I love mine. 17k on it and pulls great. I do wish the engine/exhaust brake was more aggressive.

Comment

No personal experience, but I don’t hear any complaints, Ford has fixable problems, same with Cummins I think ram is switching back to a more robust injection system

Comment

I have an 08 with close to 300000 miles.Ive had to do some front end work but have never put a wrench on anything else.Its been a great truck.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd since 2007. Current is a 2018. The only issue I've ever had was the DEF system on my 2014. 70k miles on my current and pulls great with no troubles. All the power you want/need.

Comment

I havr a 2017 l5p. First year for that motor. I have 47k on it and 90% of it is pulling my camper to hunting and camping spots. Its my second favorite truck. Came from a 2016 ford powerstroke i drove for 11 months that would have served a life better as fish structure at the bottom of a lake.

Comment

I had an '03. Injectors cost me a lot. Twice. Hopefully the new models corrected the issues.

Comment

19' L5P with just shy of 30K on the clock. It's been rock solid, pulls well, and unloaded averages 19 miles per gallon.

Comment

On my 4th one now. Great trucks

Comment

I have a 2020 3500 and its the best truck I've ever owned. Having a 10 speed is nice it pulls great and I get great fuel mileage.

Comment

I have a 2016 with 241,*** and over 7,100 engine hours on it. It’s been a great truck, I’ve had to replace the alternators and the DEF system went out on it at 232,*** miles.

I want a new one bad, just bad timing at the moment

Comment

What kind of mileage are y’all getting when towing ?
                              I have an 06 no issues but only get 9 mpg when pulling my travel trailer, surely that’s improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X