No announcement yet.

Blind Windows - Sliders vs Flip up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle blind--sliders get my vote. I've used both and just prefer the sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
      Thanks for the replies. Cleaning the sliders was actually a concern of mine but I saw on one of deer views videos you can easily pop out their sliding window to clean it. You can also leave off a full view
      Yep, you can easily remove the panes in the Deerview sliders and clean them periodically

Comment

I hang mine to "flip" down. Latch up.

Comment

I sat in a blind the other day with sliders and it almost cost me a coyote. From my experience, they are always dirty and difficult to clean. Your critter will always come out from the side that’s closed. They tend to get really noisy with age and it’s a huge pain if you want to have more than one person shoot out of a window at the same time. I say flip ups all day. I’ve never had one fall on me after a shot as mentioned above (sounds like they need a better attachment point) and I don’t have a ton of heat escape with them open and a heater running. There’s been plenty of times I had to turn the heater off or shed more clothes because it’ll still get hot in there.

Comment

flip up for rifle

bow blind - flip up on the vertical

Comment

Flip up I hunted both and slide up get in a bind some times and are noisy to open.

Comment

Blind Windows - Sliders vs Flip up??

My Deerviews are mounted to flip to the side and are silent. Bow hunting only.

Comment

Flip up on rifle, flip down or to the side on bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Flip half way up so you can hunt/sit
                    in the rain and not get wet

Comment

The consensus seems to be heavy on the flip up windows.

Comment

Flip, flip, flip !
                        Sliders are noisy as crap, can’t open if deer are present.

Comment

I like both. Sliders let you just crack a window a little if you want. It's easier to regulate the temp in the blind. I have had a bunch of sliders and I have never had any more problem than flip ups in keeping them clean. The panes pull out easily to clean the outside. I guess if you never clean your windows they could be hard to see through. I've just never had that problem. When I have frost on them I just run my heater under each window for a few min and the frost is gone. Never had an issue shooting out of them. Never had an issue with the wrong half being open and not being able to open the half I need open, etc. I have had one or two out of many that were sticky and would bind a little.

Flip ups are quiet but are all or nothing. It's either all the way open or all the way closed. You can unlatch and just barely prop it open a tad to let some air in if needed but not as adjustable as a slider. I have been busted just as many times opening a flip up window as a slider because You have to reach your arm up over the window to latch it open or if you use magnets it clicks when you open it and the magnet and steel make contact.

IMO both work fine and are way better than no windows, plywood windows or plexiglass windows. I prefer the framed style flip up windows over the surface mount for wood blinds. Something to look at but it allows you to seal the opening up a little better to control water intrusion/rot around your windows.

For bow blinds the flip ups turned vertical are the only one to have.

Comment

We use flip up

Comment

Working...
                            X