Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Pond Prowler or Bass Raider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Pond Prowler or Bass Raider?

We have a little 45 acre lake by the house loaded with bass and crappie. After debating buying a pair of kayaks for me and my son, a canoe, or just a lightweight jon boat, I have decided on one of these lightweight 2 man rigs. They will fit the bill for me and my son or me and Dad. We can't have anything but electric on this little lake and if I'm by myself this will be easy to load and unload. Anyone have any experience with these little 10' boats? I know Academy sells the little Pelican Bass Raider for around $650 and Bass Pro doesn't have the price online for the BPS Pond Prowler.. Anyone happen to have a used one they want to sell?

I don't have one to sell but have one at my lake. I like it except for it has no rudder when using the trolling motor. The back end swings around with the wind.

I fixed it by adding a kayak rudder....works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one in the back yard it has two removable seats and a place for a trolling motor my mom and dad gave it to me and I don’t have any use for it. I will sell for $250.00 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
        I have one in the back yard it has two removable seats and a place for a trolling motor my mom and dad gave it to me and I don’t have any use for it. I will sell for $250.00 thanks
        PM sent
        Last edited by Pineywoods; 09-25-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I have Pelican Bass Raider but not for sale.

Great little boats. Mine will run in about 4" of water so it works very well in the salt marsh back lakes. We even had it out in the middle of San Luis Pass...a fun ride when we hooked a 6' Blacktip.

Very stable and easy for one man to load in the back of a truck. We often ditched the seats and used igloo 48 qt. ice chests with cushions to sit on.

Makes a good duck boat too.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            I don't have one to sell but have one at my lake. I like it except for it has no rudder when using the trolling motor. The back end swings around with the wind.

I fixed it by adding a kayak rudder....works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Thanks for the heads up

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            I have Pelican Bass Raider but not for sale.

Great little boats. Mine will run in about 4" of water so it works very well in the salt marsh back lakes. We even had it out in the middle of San Luis Pass...a fun ride when we hooked a 6' Blacktip.

Very stable and easy for one man to load in the back of a truck. We often ditched the seats and used igloo 48 qt. ice chests with cushions to sit on.

Makes a good duck boat too.
            Awesome. I believe one of those would be perfect for how I want to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
              Nice meeting you today. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X