No announcement yet.

Duck Recipe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braze, and then put in a large pan and cover with canned Plums. Cook slow for about an hour or till tender.

Comment

We save the breast all season,after season we make polish sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        Cook them in a pot with potatoes. When done, give the duck to your dogs and eat them taters.
        lol.....x2

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
          Pan sear All sides on a Super hot skillet with salt then hit it with some Fresh ground pepper when almost done. Has to be rare! Medium rare is pushing it. It really is this simple, I used to feel the same as you until My buddy Showed me this.Over cooked duck is horrible and very gamey. The difference is night and day.
          This x1000

I also brine mine before I freeze... I soak breast in water 24 hours to pull blood. Then brine in a brine from Steve Rennelas book. For 48 hours.

I promise you ends up with a consistentcy very close to fillet

We did a Pepsi challenge on ringnecks and redheads vs widgeon brined and cooked the same way... You couldn't tell them apart. We had 1 breast that was crazy stringy in another batch... That was the only "weird" thing I have had

If somebody says duck is bad they are just 100% lazy and likely a terrible cook...
          Last edited by catslayer; 08-28-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Soak a cedar plank for 3 hours in warm water. Season the duck as you would like. Grill the duck on plank for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Remove duck and plank from grill. Toss the duck in the trash, chew on the plank and enjoy!
            Thats so funny, the last time I heard that I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
              I cut the breast into thin strips( like steak fingers) and chicken fry them. I love them with eggs and biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
              Chicken fried is my go-to as well nowadays. Poppers too occasionally.

Last year we started frying the hearts as well for an or d'oeuvre. You'd think people would turn their nose up to them but between those and crane hearts they always went fast.

Comment

Had these at a lodge in Idaho. Chef gave us the recipe. They were amazing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duck Cakes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24628827

Comment

With bigger puddle ducks I like to butterfly the breasts before soaking them in saltwater for a little bit. Whenever you go to cook them, put a sliver of cream cheese inside the butterfly. It will help keep the breasts moist and cooks out so you won't taste it if you aren't a fan of the cream cheese.

I prefer to cook them on a cast iron skillet but we also bake or grill them.

Teal fajitas are better than beef!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                    Had these at a lodge in Idaho. Chef gave us the recipe. They were amazing

[ATTACH]1016949[/ATTACH]
                    So how do you cook them? Make patties and grill like burgers?

Comment

I love the gumbo at the wild game supper in Hallettsville......but I don't have the recipe

Comment

Sous vide in a seasoned brine then torch sear or braise with avocado oil and butter. Just like a fine steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          So how do you cook them? Make patties and grill like burgers?

Yep. They served them in small thin patties. Either grill or pan would work I would guess

Comment

Marinate the breast overnight in Italian dressing and Tony’s in a plastic bag.
                            Next day stuff them with cream cheese and jalapeño, then wrap them in maple bacon and grill to a medium rare.
                            Tip... soak your toothpicks in water before using them to hold the bacon. Helps them to not burn completely up.

Comment

Thank you everyone can’t wait to try them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                                Marinate the breast overnight in Italian dressing and Tony’s in a plastic bag.
                                Next day stuff them with cream cheese and jalapeño, then wrap them in maple bacon and grill to a medium rare.
                                Tip... soak your toothpicks in water before using them to hold the bacon. Helps them to not burn completely up.
                                Bingo

Comment

Working...
                                X