X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice Questions

Have a fall trip planned for Tuna out of Venice

Questions

- Using Mexican Gulf Fishing - Capt Billy Wells - Anyone use him and have feedback

- Has anyone stayed at the condo's they have available or can suggest on where to stay in Venice

- How is the inshore trout and red fishing in the area it we decide to fish an extra day or two - Any suggestions on guide.

Thx

We stayed there. It was nice enough. I would also recommend bow fishing one night if you have time.

Comment

I don’t think you can do much better than Mexican Gulf. We stayed in the little cabins there in the marina, they aren’t super nice but get the job done. You’ll be wore out from fishing anyway. Definitely bowfish. Antlercollector was with us on one of our trips there. We went with Deep Delta Bowfishing. Inshore fishing is good there too, but I’ve never inshore fished there.

Comment

For inshore...Paradise Plus Guide Service. No need to shop around. I think I have been out with them maybe 8 times and have always had awesome trips. Actually have another trip booked for June with the wife and kids. Ask for Anthony and tell him I sent you. Better book now as they stay VERY busy. Really nice lodge, great cook, ect. You can probably even stay at his lodge while you chase tuna.

Comment

Condo's are pretty basic. Can get crowded in the morning with everyone is trying to take the Browns to the super bowl before heading out. Bowfished with Scale Damage forgot the captains name but he was a good guy with great BS. We got tired of sticking big reds after a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            For inshore...Paradise Plus Guide Service. No need to shop around. I think I have been out with them maybe 8 times and have always had awesome trips. Actually have another trip booked for June with the wife and kids. Ask for Anthony and tell him I sent you. Better book now as they stay VERY busy. Really nice lodge, great cook, ect. You can probably even stay at his lodge while you chase tuna.
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Condo's are pretty basic. Can get crowded in the morning with everyone is trying to take the Browns to the super bowl before heading out. Bowfished with Scale Damage forgot the captains name but he was a good guy with great BS. We got tired of sticking big reds after a few hours.

Josh Galt is the Captain’s name, unless he had someone take a trip for him when you went. I grew up with him, you are right about the bs. He’s a great guy and can put you on the fish for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We went with Mexican gulf, Capt Kevin beach. The fishing was stellar, many tuna over 100# the smallest was 65#. We brought our kayaks and fished from them, sleigh rides for miles. I look forward to going again.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I don’t think you can do much better than Mexican Gulf. We stayed in the little cabins there in the marina, they aren’t super nice but get the job done. You’ll be wore out from fishing anyway. Definitely bowfish. Antlercollector was with us on one of our trips there. We went with Deep Delta Bowfishing. Inshore fishing is good there too, but I’ve never inshore fished there.
                  Thanks Phillip

Sure missin' Bownanza and the shirts with pockets.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Thanks for info Chance and confirmation CB

Comment

Rent a house boat !
                      Much cheaper and lots more room.

Comment

Bring this to the top. For those that have went when is the best time of the year to go IYO (Offshore for tuna)? My cursory research is saying fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          Bring this to the top. For those that have went when is the best time of the year to go IYO (Offshore for tuna)? My cursory research is saying fall.
                          We asked our guide this question. Fall and spring is the best time for the bigger tuna, but summer was the more consistent fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            We asked our guide this question. Fall and spring is the best time for the bigger tuna, but summer was the more consistent fishing.
                            Thank you sir

Comment

Mexican Gulf seems to be the recommended offshore charter via TBH. Any others anyone would recommend? Anyone fished with Intensity Offshore, Captain Josh Bodenheimer? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X