No announcement yet.

Constitutional Carry in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have went to get my LTC (5-6 yrs ago) and was told I could not because of back child support owed. I have to go thru the class again now that I got that taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The training should be on the person making the decision to carry the gun, not mandated by the government and taxed to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Keep in mind that angry 18 year old inner city kids will be able to carry legally while Having never shot gun in their life. They also won't learn in the class that if you shoot someone you will be going to jail and your fate will rest in the hands of 12 jurors.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Keep in mind that angry 18 year old inner city kids will be able to carry legally while Having never shot gun in their life. They also won't learn in the class that if you shoot someone you will be going to jail and your fate will rest in the hands of 12 jurors.

Most of those "angry 18 year old inner city kids" are already carrying and the state saying it's ok to carry isn't going to make a bit of difference to them. Hell I'll bet most of them won't even know if it passes.

Comment

That is exactly my concern, I know several people who have no business owning a gun much less carrying it daily. To be fair though back when the law was passed allowing Texans to carry large knives out in public the critics were saying we would have sword fights in the street daily. Yeah that didn't happen. The same was said when they started issuing CHLs that didn't happen either. Hopefully if constitutional carry passes it'll be another example as stated above. I just hope to have the option to still get the LTC so I can streamline purchases from an FFL. My name sucks and I get delayed every stinking time also have noticed my interactions with LEOs have gone way smoother since having to present my LTC during traffic stops or getting checked by Game Wardens.

Comment

Prohibition never slows the market it just puts it underground. There is some myth perpetuated in this country that if things are illegal they wont be used, done, or exist wide spread. We act as if laws preventing possession of items destroy the market for it.

Drugs are illegal, drugs everywhere.

Alcohol was illegal, alcohol was everywhere.

Permit required to carry a firearm, criminals carrying guns everywhere.

Open carry was passed, no one was in the street having gunfights like in the old west.

Driver's license required to drive, fatalities every day on the roads by horrible drivers with no business being behind a wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
              I did not say or imply any sort of mandated training....

freaking common sense, should tell you a little training is necessary, its not even the training i thing training is the wrong term, should be knowledge of the law

I didn’t say you did, but curry law require that.

I agree the individual should have knowledge of the law, even though the chances of anyone HAVING to use their carry weapon in self defense is very slim.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                Why don't people just get LTC permit and might learn something.

Daryl the whole point is you shouldn’t HAVE to have a permit in the first place.

Comment

I fully understand that and I accept full responsibility for MY decisions and MY actions.

I can’t control what other people decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    Prohibition never slows the market it just puts it underground. There is some myth perpetuated in this country that if things are illegal they wont be used, done, or exist wide spread. We act as if laws preventing possession of items destroy the market for it.

Drugs are illegal, drugs everywhere.

Alcohol was illegal, alcohol was everywhere.

Permit required to carry a firearm, criminals carrying guns everywhere.

Open carry was passed, no one was in the street having gunfights like in the old west.

Driver's license required to drive, fatalities every day on the roads by horrible drivers with no business being behind a wheel.

Exactly.

Although there is still some semblance of deterrent if something is illegal. Not to criminals as you stated but to citizens who try to comply with the law.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to go to Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.

Those places are far too dangerous. You ruin your shoes by walking in the rivers of blood that they call streets. There are constant gun battles between untrained suburban housewives named Karen, and gangsters who can't be charged for their crimes because they were legally carrying the gun. They are post apocalyptic warzones.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I absolutely refuse to go to Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.

Those places are far too dangerous. You ruin your shoes by walking in the rivers of blood that they call streets. There are constant gun battles between untrained suburban housewives named Karen, and gangsters who can't be charged for their crimes because they were legally carrying the gun. They are post apocalyptic warzones.
                        I drove through Tennessee and Kentucky and w.Virginia on the way to Ohio and was scared to death

Comment

[emoji849] just sit back and watch, as they say .. popcorn [emoji897] time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I drove through Tennessee and Kentucky and w.Virginia on the way to Ohio and was scared to death
                            If you were scared to death. How are you still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              If you were scared to death. How are you still alive?
                              Lol,
                              ****.......maybe it was just scared ****less

Comment

They are carrying already, what's the difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X