Spotlock Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotlock Recommendations

I want to get a spotlock trolling motor for my 2072 john boat. This will be a big upgrade to my boat and I have never used one, nor have much knowledge about them.

I have a Lowrance Ti 9 fish finder.

Looking for recommendations on the best value and reliability. I'm not biased toward Motorguide or Minnkota. Also, I would rather have the best spotlock even it if means it doesn't link up to my Lowrance.

I will mainly be using to crappie fish on brushpiles.

Minn Kotas seem to have the edge in popularity but there are lots of other options on the market too. Garmin and Lowrance both have trolling motors out now and there is another called Rhodan to look into as well.

Availability is really spotty right now on all of them. Depending on how soon you want to upgrade that may be a big consideration.

I have had Minn Kota Ulterras for my last two and they work great and do what they say they will do. Spot lock is awesome and very accurate.

Comment

Does your fish finder have network capabilities? If so I would go with the trolling motor that is compatible so you can mark a waypoint and tell your trolling motor to go there. Obviously Lowrance would work but Motorguide may as well.

Comment

My Fish finder isn't network capable. To upgrade it all would have run me in the $3500 range so I chose to go with the Terrova. I am thoroughly happy with it. North lock, makes fishing a shoreline super easy. Point it in the direction you want it and it will correct itself until you move it. I-tracks are great. My wife and I fished a 1 mile shoreline for over 3 hours and touched the remote 3 times.

Comment

Recently got a Rhodan. Like it.

Comment

Working...
          X