Made in America......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made in America......

Great article on why we need to keep it made in the USA!!!

That is a really good article and appreciate the stance he is taking. He is right.

Most people say they want made in the USA until it comes to pull out the wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      That is a really good article and appreciate the stance he is taking. He is right.

Most people say they want made in the USA until it comes to pull out the wallet.
      Totally agree and unfortunately after all this is over nothing will change.

Comment

I buy made in the USA whenever possible.
        I also buy made in Mexico. I figure if they have jobs they will stay over there...

Comment

You can have cheaper prices made in China to our disadvantage, or have US made products and pay a bit more with the knowledge we are in control of our own outcomes.

Comment

Does anyone know of a resource to search for products that are American made? My family and I would love to buy American as much as possible but it can be tough wading through what is and isn’t American made.

Comment

Unfortunately made in America means
              Liberal red tape
              Trade unions
              ( typically) high taxes
              Generally extremely high cost of doing business.
              Now, if we can continue to elect people who remove much of that we can actually have little stickers on everything they say Made in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Unfortunately made in America means
                Liberal red tape
                Trade unions
                ( typically) high taxes
                Generally extremely high cost of doing business.
                Now, if we can continue to elect people who remove much of that we can actually have little stickers on everything they say Made in the USA
                Why would you say that? Based on experience or what you’ve been told for years. Prices rarely change for made in America what changes is corporate profits. Are bison coolers more expensive than yeti? I’d say no, they just don’t sponsor a bunch of athletes and host film festivals. Instead you get a better or comparable product and a similar price. Same could be said with new balance vs nike. New balance doesn’t pay cry baby athletes like kaepernick salaries off the backs of essentially slave labor, but their sneakers are again the same price or lower.
                It’s one thing if China made crap was cheaper. How cheap is your Sitka jacket. WL gore is all made in China.
                You can argue the same for many products. Germany has a robust domestic manufacturing economy and high wages and a great way of life.
                This entire debacle with the virus is 30 years of globalist chickens coming home to roost.
                Last edited by nchunter; 04-04-2020, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Mexican

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  I buy made in the USA whenever possible.
                  I also buy made in Mexico. I figure if they have jobs they will stay over there...
                  GREAT ANSWER!!!!!!!! LOL Thx I will Join you...

Some of my best friends are Mexican American.... I only have problem with Illegals....

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                    Does anyone know of a resource to search for products that are American made? My family and I would love to buy American as much as possible but it can be tough wading through what is and isn’t American made.

This

Comment

Heard of companies just slapping Made In USA stickers on products made in wherever. So yeah.

Comment

My wife was just telling me about some of our food that has some extremely misleading labels.
                        One example she read about was pork raised here on Chinese owned farms are then shipped to China for slaughter and packaging then shipped back to the US and are able to be labeled "Product of USA"
                        The slaughtered and packaging is China - who really knows what we get back.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                          My wife was just telling me about some of our food that has some extremely misleading labels.
                          One example she read about was pork raised here on Chinese owned farms are then shipped to China for slaughter and packaging then shipped back to the US and are able to be labeled "Product of USA"
                          The slaughtered and packaging is China - who really knows what we get back.
                          Looks like shipping costs would nullify any savings gained?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            There in lies the problem. We can ship raw material to China, process it, manufacture the goods and ship it back to the US for less than American manufacturing.

Bottom line this is a pipe dream at best. We will never have the majority of goods made in the US. Period. Two roadblocks are American wages and more of an issue is EPA and other bureaucracy policies and regulations that drive up US manufacturing costs.

Our best bet is “Hecho en mexico”. But govt corruption and cartels (one and the same) make that problematic. But as Rubi pointed out, it we could leverage mexico it would solve multiple issues from stability of goods to immigration.
                            Last edited by Playa; 04-04-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I clearly remember just 25 years ago all the SMILEY FACES in Walmart that proudly exclaimed Made In America. Wage stagnation has been around for longer than 25 years.........thus leaving us with two primary options.........1) middle man making a killing post harvest/manufacture or 2.) Huge profits on the part of the seller.
                              Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Especially sending LIVE animals to the other side of the world to be slaughtered. Pork production in China is already a huge enterprise. Then again it is all relative when dealing with a communist led regime.

Comment

Working...
                              X