Kicking an extra point with a shrimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking an extra point with a shrimp?

With all the serious discussion about: Covid19 and the end of humanity, stock prices falling and the next great depression awaiting us, price gouging, Double Down, and the like, this discussion broke out on local sports talk radio this morning. Whaddyathink?

Can an NFL place kicker kick a shrimp through an NFL goal post from the old extra point distance, 20 yards? The hypothetical generally set up with: a frozen jumbo shrimp, held by a holder, and booted. The snap, and place part of the operation were omitted. Whether or not the shrimp needed to be de-veined was left to the discretion of the kicker.

Former NFL place kicker Josh Scobee (sp?) called in and said he thought he could do it, provided the shrimp didn't disintegrate.

I'm sure there's a TBH genius that can factor in weight, force and velocity needed, leg strength needed, etc. and come up with a legit answer.

Yes, sports talk radio in DFW has fallen that far that fast.

I say no, too light to get good momentum

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      I say no, too light to get good momentum
      Part of the discussion was: What if you add some coconut to it? Seriously.

Comment

That was awesome radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Before we get to the math, does the kicker get to choose their holder?

Comment

Have no idea but if it was on TV I’d watch it right now. Hell I’d even watch tennis at this point

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
              Before we get to the math, does the kicker get to choose their holder?

Kicker can choose the holder, and whether on a tee or not.

Comment

Still frozen? Of course. Thawed? Depends if it’s shell on or off

Comment

A good sized prawn, shell on, whole, frozen, maybe add some coconut for ballast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That was awesome radio.

Agreed. When you are a sports radio station with no sports going on you gotta get creative to fill the segments. I don’t envy those guys over the next couple of months

Comment

Bill o’bummer gave them something to talk about

Comment

Shrimp horn in the toe will stop that nonsense, has to include the head for danger factor.

Comment

Well at least it's not a Corona thread... that counts for something

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Well at least it's not a Corona thread... that counts for something
                            Just wait for it. There must be a hidden context: the kicker (or a shrimp) does have a CV

Comment

“We can do what they do, but they can’t do what we do”.

Comment

Working...
                              X