Texas Pro Touring Car Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Pro Touring Car Builder

Does anyone here have first hand experience with a shop in Texas that does pro touring builds? Looking for quality first but hopefully not overpaying at the same time. I understand these require $$ and hours on the builds but don’t want to pay for a name either. Starting to explore options and look into places to do my ‘68 Camaro with full suspension, brakes, LS swap, vintage air, and some fab including mini tubs and great paint and body

Don't have a clue but would love to see pics of the progress and finished product.

Comment

Bobby keep me filled in on this please. Been slinging parts for 30ish years at the highest levels in Houston and do not know anyone to send you to. Will make some calls.
      Some of these TV pros seem great - some not so much.........

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Bobby keep me filled in on this please. Been slinging parts for 30ish years at the highest levels in Houston and do not know anyone to send you to. Will make some calls.
        Some of these TV pros seem great - some not so much.........
        Will do. TV types generally come with some cost for the name as well whether top notch or not and I definitely don’t need an extra cost on something like this haha

Comment

House of Hotrods in Mansfield, Texas. Have a buddy that just had them refinish up a '49 Caddy, frame up, back to original condition except he had air and power steering added (Older feller like me). Wish I had pics of it. That dark blue paint job is 10 layers deep! He's already won a couple of shows. And plans to tour the US with it.

Comment

PM sent................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              PM sent................
              Got it thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Does anyone here have first hand experience with a shop in Texas that does pro touring builds? Looking for quality first but hopefully not overpaying at the same time. I understand these require $$ and hours on the builds but don’t want to pay for a name either. Starting to explore options and look into places to do my ‘68 Camaro with full suspension, brakes, LS swap, vintage air, and some fab including mini tubs and great paint and body
                Give Hills Hotrods a call in Lubbock. If he won’t do it I bet he would know who would.

Comment

I’ve recently used Rod's Customs in Wylie TX to work on my 69 Camaro.
                  They mainly only work on Camaros and usually have 8-10 in the shop all of the time. They do great work and I feel he is reasonable on his price. I originally made the mistake of trying to get things done cheaply and got what I paid for... Rod’s guys repaired all of the previous mistakes. The Good Guys Nationals will be at TMS this month and I’m sure he will be there with cars. If you’ve never been to this show, it’s a must see.

Comment

Forgot the address...
                    Rod’s Customs 414 Keen Ave Wylie, TX 75098

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                      Give Hills Hotrods a call in Lubbock. If he won’t do it I bet he would know who would.

Originally posted by Turboe View Post
                      They mainly only work on Camaros and usually have 8-10 in the shop all of the time. They do great work and I feel he is reasonable on his price. I originally made the mistake of trying to get things done cheaply and got what I paid for... Rod’s guys repaired all of the previous mistakes. The Good Guys Nationals will be at TMS this month and I’m sure he will be there with cars. If you’ve never been to this show, it’s a must see.
                      Thanks guys I will check them out

Comment

I've heard good things about Rod's.

Comment

I know someone that is very good and has had several builds in magazines and has won several Good Guys shows. He has a 6 month wait list and is also a dealer for vintage air. When he starts on your car he does not stop till it’s done or till you run out of money. Not many builders are like him, he does not like to do several cars at once. If this is someone you want to talk to I can pm his contact.

Comment

Forgot the address...
                            Rod’s Customs 414 Keen Ave Wylie, TX 75098
                            Cool
                            He is 2 mins from my house

Comment

Working...
                            X