Know anyone with COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
    Got my results back and they were negative. Still have to quarantine for 14 days because of my contact with confirmed cases and the tests aren't that reliable if you test negative. 25% of the time you still have it.

Have 4 coworkers with it. 1 hospitalized, 1 at home really sick, 2 doing pretty good but tested positive.
    Where so you work or what industry? Thank God your results were negative!

Comment

A coworker of mine has it. I just had my nasal swab test done this morning and the waiting starts for results. I was told 24-48 hrs. 14 days of quarantine started Tuesday for me.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        Where so you work or what industry? Thank God your results were negative!
        Exxon refinery, operations.

Comment

Spoke to someone today with it -confirmed. Said it was like a bad handover with a cough for about 3 days. Getting better now. Seems most cases are mild. Probably like every virus. Some are worse than others. Oh well got things to get done before the rain. Gotta go make most of it.

Comment

One of my cousins at home has it now. Erratic fever still, but seems to be getting better under quarantine at home. I got a text from her this morning.
            One of my classmates mother back in high school died last Thursday from it. Talk about a wonderful lady.
            15 others in the neighborhood where my parents live, I know at least 7 of them. The parish is now 1 of 3 in the state on a mandatory curfew. 3 died yesterday in a Veterans Retirement home located in Reserve, La.

Comment

Oscar so sorry to hear of your losses! Sure hope your mom and dad stay cooped up in their house!! You got family to care for them and bring them necessities?

Comment

Found out today that an old friend of over 40 years has it as well as his middle daughter and her son. Tom is 72 but I have no doubt he will make it just fine. He still shoes horses every day and is the toughest guy I know.

Comment

I just found out a local Beaumont Jeweler passed away from Covid at age 70. This is the second person we know that has died from the virus.

Very interesting in the fact his business is located 3 doors down from a pub with 7 confirmed cases and a death. Kinda scary,,,

Comment

I used to be a cold case homicide investigator for the county. One of my colleagues that works cold case for the city has been hospitalized and is on a ventilator.

I think.our sheriff's office now has 13 confirmed cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      Found out today that an old friend of over 40 years has it as well as his middle daughter and her son. Tom is 72 but I have no doubt he will make it just fine. He still shoes horses every day and is the toughest guy I know.
                      Nash?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        One of my cousins at home has it now. Erratic fever still, but seems to be getting better under quarantine at home. I got a text from her this morning.
                        One of my classmates mother back in high school died last Thursday from it. Talk about a wonderful lady.
                        15 others in the neighborhood where my parents live, I know at least 7 of them. The parish is now 1 of 3 in the state on a mandatory curfew. 3 died yesterday in a Veterans Retirement home located in Reserve, La.
                        That's close to home my Brother. Continued prayers that God will send his angels to stand watch at their door.

Comment

Day 94 and I still have congestion and hacking up oysters in the AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Oscar so sorry to hear of your losses! Sure hope your mom and dad stay cooped up in their house!! You got family to care for them and bring them necessities?
                            Yes Charlie, my sister and her husband (sheriffs officer) are on the same street and takes Dad to dialysis. Mom has cancelled all of her doctors appointments and any my Dad may have. They have been issued "a pass" to travel back and forth, which is also good after curfew hours. 274 cases in the parish this morning. 3rd most in the state behind Jefferson & Orleans Parish...……..those encompass Metairie, Kenner and New Orleans proper.
                            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            That's close to home my Brother. Continued prayers that God will send his angels to stand watch at their door.
                            Thanks Steve. The system is struggling big time. My younger cousin is a RN and staying next door to my parents in her grandmothers home. Her grandmother is with one of her daughters 2 miles away. My cousin is scared to leave East Jefferson hospital after a 12 hour shift and geaux home to her two small children and husband.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Nash?
                              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                My wife is getting tested tomorrow due to possible exposure at her school. Fever up to 101.8 in the evenings, in the mornings it is 99.5. Slight cough but has always had it due to excessive singing. No aches or pains.

We will see. She has had indirect contact with several people that were around a positive case.
                                The Health Department just called and her test was negative. Great news. Took about 4 days for the results.

Comment

Working...
                                X