My son, and fellow TBH’er has the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Hey gang, this thread is an excellent example of how you all may want to respond should you be stricken with this disease or you think you may have it... Tyler went to two full fledged hospitals expecting to get help, but as you all read, he was essentially turned away and told to go home!! Most, if not all smaller local hospitals in out-lying communities are not equipped to handle this new virus and they are afraid of it so they take steps of self-preservation and avoid it. Tyler went to Memorial Hermann-Woodlands and ultimately got the care he needed. This hospital is a level 1 trauma center and was equipped to care for him. They had systems in place for quick screening and admittance with safe ways to handle him.

If you are in an out-lying area and you are beginning to have these symptoms, don't wait until you are critical and not able to transport yourself. Go to a place that is equipped to handle your care needs. Take steps right now to find the nearest full service hospital that is taking patients with known or suspected CV-19. Know before you go... I can't speak for other areas, but in the Houston area, we have some excellent hospitals that can care for you and WILL care for you. The larger branches of Memorial Hermann and Methodist hospitals should be your first choices and check them out now. Don't wait until you need them. Just as a for-instance, where Tyler went, they had at least 30 ICU beds last night open, and the regular care beds are below 50% right now. They have cut all elective surgical procedures and are geared up and "waiting". They're waiting to the point, the staff next week if this drastic onslaught of sick people does not happen will begin to be furloughed because of lack of need for them. They cut out all overtime last week... Methodist downtown is in much the same shape.

One caution and a reason why I suggest you check out where you want to go beforehand, the outlying branches, smaller branches and such of these major hospital chains are no all set up to provide these services so check the one near you.

PLEASE don't wait until you need help to find out!!

Great advice. They just put the tents up at Katy Memorial. Getting ready for the projected rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update, Tyler is feeling much better. On his way to get a chest x-ray now.

Comment

Great news! More prayers for Tyler and the entire family. Thanks for updating, been keeping a close eye on this one

Comment

If Tyler was going to get it it’s good he got it early before the rush.

The next two weeks are going to be very grim indeed once hospitals are flooded.

Comment

Glad to read he continues to do better day by day. More prayer for him and the elderly lady.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              So far the wife and kids are all still fine.
              keep the positive vibes rolling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                Great advice. They just put the tents up at Katy Memorial. Getting ready for the projected rush.

Is that where your wife is a physician Rob? Tell her to be overly safe during this time of unknown.

Comment

Update. I'm finally home. They said I only had pneumonia but I still have to quarantine. Have any of yall ever heard of someone being quarantined for pneumonia? All my medical family and friends think I have covid but the hospital said the test results came out negative. Are they lying to try and curve the numbers or is it more likely I got it it turned into pneumonia and by the time I got tested the covid was gone? Or maybe I just simply had both my lungs filled with pneumonia. I just dont understand how in the world I could have gotten pneumonia out of nowhere and it progress so fast.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                    Update. I'm finally home. They said I only had pneumonia but I still have to quarantine. Have any of yall ever heard of someone being quarantined for pneumonia? All my medical family and friends think I have covid but the hospital said the test results came out negative. Are they lying to try and curve the numbers or is it more likely I got it it turned into pneumonia and by the time I got tested the covid was gone? Or maybe I just simply had both my lungs filled with pneumonia. I just dont understand how in the world I could have gotten pneumonia out of nowhere and it progress so fast.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                    I think they are all really scared to diagnose it one way or another. Don't take any Ibuprofen just in case and get you butt back in the closet. Glad you are getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Lives in Conroe and fortunately hasn’t been anywhere.

They believe he contracted it in an airport. He had just came back from Kansas on business.

I know for sure he’s been given albuterol treatments and meds to try and reduce his fever. I can’t speak to any other medications.
                      He’s 26, and is a strong, healthy, non smoker. As a dad I would take this in his place in a second. That being said, if someone can beat it, he’s a perfect candidate to do it.
                      Prayers sent Jeff! Please keep us updated on Tylers progress.

Kirk

Comment

If you were a 80 yo man who smoked and came down with pneumonia right now I might believe negative test but no way healthy young man came down with pneumonia out of the blue during middle of pandemic Diagnostics test are not 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I think they are all really scared to diagnose it one way or another. Don't take any Ibuprofen just in case and get you butt back in the closet. Glad you are getting better.
                          The Ibuprofen scare is more social media "fake news".

Comment

Following, prayers up.

Comment

Good news is he tested negative, but that apparently doesn’t mean he didn’t have it at some point. They still want him to quarantine at home after they released him today. ???

Never heard of being quarantined for pneumonia.

Acaida (Tyler’s wife) has been trying to get more information, and talking with nurses. One theory is he may have had covid-19 earlier than he realized with just minor symptoms. It possibly wasn’t until the end of the virus that it turned into pneumonia, and got serious. At the point he finally got a test he was no longer viral so the test showed him negative. That just a theory though.

I think it’s all just speculation based on very limited experience with Covid-19.

Maybe he never had it. I guess we will never know. What happened to him came on very fast, and became severe pneumonia in a matter of days.

I’m just glad he’s getting better.

I want to thank the TBH family for all the prayers. They were definitely heard. Please continue to pray for those that posted on this thread and other threads regarding being sick and possibly having it as well.

Thanks to everyone at Memorial Herman Hospital in the Woodlands for getting him back on his feet.
                              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-01-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I'm betting he had it & got a false negative since he didn't get pinged for the flu...regardless, it doesn't matter. Very well could have been God cured him before the test.

Comment

Working...
                                X