Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extinguish plus from Domyown pest control

Comment

Bifen XTS has killed them for me. The granules usually just lead to the mound moving a foot like you’ve found.

Comment

I use Top Choice the active ingredient is Fipronil. This is the same ingredient in Front line plus. It requires a complete coverage at 2lbs/1000 ft.
        This product works for 1year. However you need ornamental pest or a structural pest licensing to get it. The other option is baiting the entire property as directed by the label by other products. Treating individual mounds are an on going battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use demon, mix it in a gallon jug. Shove a piece of rebar down into the mound and pour the whole gallon down it, then spray the stragglers that come out with demon. Will wipe out a mound quick like. I’ve got a few new ones at the curb this year, but haven’t had them in several years. My neighbors don’t treat for them at all so I’ll get a few every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Herbicide? Can you post a pic of the label?
            Insecticide, Sorry. It’s not labeled for yards but we use it on our turf farms with great results. It’s actually labeled for potatoes it has the same active ingredient as the dog flea treatment.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RMW; 03-24-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

In Houston the crazy ants have taken over. Have not had a bed in a couple of years.............

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
                I use demon. 1 pouch to a gallon. Spray all visible beds. Come back in a week and may be some stragglers, treat 1 more time, they will be gone after that for the year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                This might work, I think I have some demon in the garage. Didn't know it worked on fire ants, I just use it to spray around the house for roaches and spiders. Thanks

Comment

5 gallons of boiling water will kill the mound and not be toxic. I know it sounds crazy but it really does work.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                    This might work, I think I have some demon in the garage. Didn't know it worked on fire ants, I just use it to spray around the house for roaches and spiders. Thanks
                    When i spray they all come running out of the mound and group up and drink the coolaid! Ive gone back 30 min. Later and step on the mound and virtually none come out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                      I use Top Choice the active ingredient is Fipronil. This is the same ingredient in Front line plus. It requires a complete coverage at 2lbs/1000 ft.
                      This product works for 1year. However you need ornamental pest or a structural pest licensing to get it. The other option is baiting the entire property as directed by the label by other products. Treating individual mounds are an on going battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This is what I use on my baseball, softball, and soccer fields. Legitimate 1 year control. Not sure if it’s even labeled for home lawns though.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Insecticide, Sorry. It’s not labeled for yards but we use it on our turf farms with great results. It’s actually labeled for potatoes it has the same active ingredient as the dog flea treatment.
                        This is the liquid version of top choice granular. Fipronil is the A.I.

Comment

Any product with Fipronil is what you’ll want. I’d use the granular like over and out or topchoice.

Just remembered this is restricted use now so you’ll need to get someone with a license to put it out for you. 9-12 months residual.
                          Last edited by mattjproc; 03-24-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Amdro is good you can get from Lowes. There are a few out there that work well that are livestock safe. I use Extinguish plus. It's a yellow granule that has to go on dry and remain dry for a few days. Ants will forage and take back to their nest and kill the queen. I've cleared acres with light sprinkles of Extinquish when it was hot and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              I'll give over n out a go. I saw a fertilizer with built in fire ant control the other day, anyone try that?
                              I've used the Scott's triple action which is their 3-in-1 formula which has the fire ant killer. I will say it's been pretty effective for me. (knock on wood) Since I've been using it I haven't had any ant issues and I use it 2-3 times a year.

Comment

I second Over and Out.

Comment

Working...
                                X