Awesome trip to Thompson Temples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
    Interested in what color tag they had. Feel free to pm if you have time. Thanks
    My rambo was purple tag ($850) and my Catalina was blue tag ($360).

Comment

That's a fat merino lol

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        I don’t think it’s a Catalina, 99% sure it’s a angora/ mohair or a Spanish mohair cross
        TT used to call those sheep RAMBO rams
        You’re absolutely right. They were calling it a Catalina. I didn’t know the difference till now. It’s an angora. But my big one is a Marino. Aka rambo.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          You’re absolutely right. They were calling it a Catalina. I didn’t know the difference till now. It’s an angora. But my big one is a Marino. Aka rambo.

Rambouillet sheep =French Marino
          My cousin raised them for 4H stock show
          Those angora make absolutely beautiful rugs when cleaned and combed at the taxi

Comment

Nice. Hunted there 20 years ago and it looks the same. Nice pictures and brings back some memories.

Comment

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention, I met our very own Raypo there. Very nice guy and cool to chat with a fellow TBHer. Nice meeting you Ray.

Comment

nice deal!!

Comment

Nice....Congrats!!

Comment

So I've been interested in doing a ram hunt, just because I want a cool European mount. How was the experience as far as the actual challenge. I hear mixed stories some people say it's like hunting at a petting zoo? What was your experience like?

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                      So I've been interested in doing a ram hunt, just because I want a cool European mount. How was the experience as far as the actual challenge. I hear mixed stories some people say it's like hunting at a petting zoo? What was your experience like?
                      Exactly like most reviews I’ve read. You can spot and stalk them all day, shoot them from 5 yds away or shoot them from a pen at 64-70 yds away, or further. Really is as hard or as easy as you want it to be. Like I said, my big one was 51 yds away so I took the more challenging route. I’ve shot plenty of rams before so the experience was good. The scenery and TTs personality and hospitality made it worth the drive for me. Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X