No announcement yet.

Cholesterol med alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked with my sister who is a pharmacist. She said the problem with supplements in many cases is the effective dosage is not always known. She knows someone who takes salmon oil capsules for cholesterol management but has to take 12 capsules to show any improvement. With target specific drugs are better known in effective dosages.

Comment

Omega pills & raw garlic early in the morning for me!!

Comment

Here is what my Uncle did and man did his levels improve.

Red yeast rice 600mg from Costco

Policosanol. CoQ10 -100mg from Sprouts

The main deal is to check the brand to see that they are certified by a testing lab.

He also took to riding a stationary bike 20 minutes a day, and changed his diet.

He would only eat red meat if it was from game he shot, and did more chicken and fish. Absolutely no box type food (Kraft mac-cheese, Rice-a-roni, etc), so he essentially shopped the perimeter of the store (fruit, vegetables, meat, and dairy).

Comment

So I changed my diet. Went to a GBOMBS diet. All my numbers are awesome now. No pre-diabetes, all cholesterol numbers good.
          GBOMBS is an acronym to help you remember the healthiest foods you should be eating every day. Discover the foods needed to keep you healthy and full of vitality.

Eat Real Food
          Mostly Plants
          Not too much

Keep your meat servings to the size of a deck of cards.

Comment

Working...
          X