Astros players also cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
    No trash can banging on the road and better offensive numbers across the board in 2017. I don't think it was very helpful. Certainly doesn't excuse the act but I doubt it made any difference in the eventual outcome of the season.

This stuff is all over Twitter. Looks pretty significant .

Comment

Smart,
      I can find stats like that all over the league.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Smart,
        I can find stats like that all over the league.

.....so you are suggesting there was no advantage to knowing what is coming? Every talking head in baseball says there is. Hell there are videos on ESPN covering it right now. The only folks I hear that say there is no significant advantage are Stros fans.
        Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          Real late, but I'll play....

Once again, sign stealing isn't the issue. If I want to look into your daughter's bedroom window, but can't see it from the ground, is it OK if I get a drone to do it?

You homers keep bringing up the PED sandal to justify the electronic sign stealing/buzzer tip-off scandal.

You don't think it's beneficial to a batter to KNOW what pitch is fixing to be thrown? Maybe that should be the punishment. The pitchers from the offending teams have to tell the batter what every pitch will be for a few seasons.

Like I said before, baseball isn't for everybody, it's kinda cerebral. Arena Football is fixing to start up, or maybe Japanese wrestling would better suit you.
          Again with the buzzer bull****. MLB investigators found nothing of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Full blown BUZZER MODE!!!

Comment

Way too small of a sample size. I haven't seen video of an Altuve AB with banging yet.

Comment

Way too small of a sample size. I haven't seen video of an Altuve AB with banging yet.
                He had a buzzer, didn’t need a trash can

I kid.. not enough evidence there for me to buy into the buzzer thing

Comment

We're not talking about batting average. If you're facing Thor Syndergaard, would you rather know what pitch is coming before you settle in, or not? Exactly....
                  Just because you know what pitch is coming doesn’t guarantee anything. Guys know what pitch is coming all the time because they are a student of the game but that doesn’t mean they’re going to hit a home run or get on base.

Comment

We are talking MLB hitters here that can crush a 100 mph fastball without blinking an eye. See Altuve off Chapman in '17. See a 98-100 mph pitcher when they don't have any movement on their FB or they don't have control of their changeup/BP that day an the batters can sit back and hit the only pitch they can get over for a strike. If they know what is coming you have removed a pitchers main defense against them.....deception. It's would be like a BP pitcher sitting up there calling their pitches during batting practice.
                    Chapman is a hurler so everyone in the entire league is sitting fastball. KNOWING it is coming, but it’s still hard to hit even when you have the advantage of knowing it’s coming.

I can now say I debated with a TBH celebrity

Comment

We're not talking about batting average. If you're facing Thor Syndergaard, would you rather know what pitch is coming before you settle in, or not? Exactly....
                      Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      Just because you know what pitch is coming doesn’t guarantee anything. Guys know what pitch is coming all the time because they are a student of the game but that doesn’t mean they’re going to hit a home run or get on base.
                      Yes or no?

Comment

Nobody said anything about guarantees?....is that really the sword you want to fall on? HOFs fail 70% of the time. Folks wash out at 80% failure. The ability to see the ball and make that decision in a split second separates the HOFs from the nobodies. A professional has won **** near half the battle when he gains that extra split second of time not having to know what the pitch is..

A student of the game doesn't help you when Verlander pulls the string against any of his tendencies. Knowing he's pulling the string before the pitch **** sure does.

Comment

If that's how you want to justify it knock yourself out..

Comment

Chapman is a hurler so everyone in the entire league is sitting fastball. KNOWING it is coming, but it’s still hard to hit even when you have the advantage of knowing it’s coming.

I can now say I debated with a TBH celebrity

You misspelled a TBH's Rodney Daingerfeld..

Comment

Yes or no?
                              Haha sure id like to know but in the end it’s not gonna matter because that’s why he’s good. He’s got stuff that even when knowing what’s coming, he’s still going to beat you.

Comment

Gonna be interesting to see those batting averages an ERAs at the end of the year....for all teams..

Of course my Rangers can't be much worse in the hitting department..

Comment

Working...
                                X