.204 AR-15 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.204 AR-15 build

So it is really gonna happen. I just purchased my wilson combat barrel. this is going to be a slow process due to budget restrictions but i am excited about it since this is my first ar build. main task for this gun will be varmints but who knows

Sounds like a good one, keep us updated!

Comment

i am looking for input on good uppers and lowers, stocks and all. plan on a Geissele SSA-E trigger, but other than that i am not real sure or set on anything and i am open to suggestions. Also, have a bcg on the way from brownells.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the 204.

What is involved besides barrel and maybe adjust gas?

I'd assume regular lower and mags will work?

In for the build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          I'm a huge fan of the 204.

What is involved besides barrel and maybe adjust gas?

I'd assume regular lower and mags will work?

In for the build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          based on the research i have done, every thing is pretty much the same as building a .223 except the barrel and you are better off with an adjustable gas system.

Comment

following

Comment

Aero Precision matches upper/lower won’t break the bank.

Comment

I love my 204 AR. I have an Excalibur barrel and Aero Precision lower.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                  based on the research i have done, every thing is pretty much the same as building a .223 except the barrel and you are better off with an adjustable gas system.
                  Everything in my build is 223/5.56 but the barrel like mentioned. No adjustable gas block and Ive never had an issue with in cycling and I built it 6 or 7 years ago. Love the round for critters. 32 grain v max and 27 grns of H4895 turns coyotes to jello and its devastating on ear holed pigs to at least 287 yds

aero upper and lower
                  fail zero BCG
                  2 stage rock river trigger
                  DPMS barrel (yes its heavy and long but at the time there was only 2 options)
                  ACE stock

Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-02-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

My bcg came in before the new year and my Wilson Combat barrel just came today! I went and got it coated with their armor tuff coating in OD Green. It's a darker green than I expected but I like it. Everything else will be black except for the mags. They'll be green as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X