Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all tired of voluntarily paying Fed Income Tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    Case law is full of people who have unsuccessfully asserted that they are not required to pay income tax.
    Yep Wesly Snipes (spelling?) said he didn't have to pay $23,000,000 in back taxes for 3 years. He served about 3 years in prison and has been making "B" movies since and still hasn't recovered financially from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      Agreed, however this is crazy today.

Income tax when you earn it,
      Tax on money you make off of saving it
      taxed when you spend it
      taxed on property you then own after paying income tax, sales tax then now property tax
      If you invest it you will pay tax
      yearly registration on all auto Tax
      cable bill and cell phone is full of all kinds of extra tax
      extra tax on fuel
      extra tax on hunting gear
      extra tax on alcohol
      extra tax on strip clubs
      Every way you turn your head there is some other bs tax being added on.

We are not using it to run a government, it is be used to make politicians even more wealthy

Property taxes on my place have gone up 9% each of the last three years. Out right robbery!!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        I agree, we're being taxed to death & it's unacceptable. Certain state taxes are absolutely unacceptable as well.
        Take selling a car for instance. Taxed EVERY time it's sold.
        In Texas:
        $50,000 new vehicle
        $3,125 tax when bought new
        Sell it a couple years later for $32K
        $2K paid in tax
        Sell it a couple years later for $20K
        $1,250 paid in tax
        Sell it a couple years later for $12K
        $750 paid in tax
        The state has now received over $5K just in taxes for this 1 vehicle in 6 years. That same vehicle will probably be sold a few more times for a could grand more in taxes. How is this acceptable? Seems like it's time for some tea in the harbor again.

Dont forget the fact that sales tax is supposed to be based on what you paid for it, but on vehicles they charge taxes based on what THEY say its worth! Not what you actually paid!

Yep, THEY decide the rate, and value! If thats not crooked then nothing is.

Comment

Oh, as far as income tax, absolutely Im tired of paying it. But its a fight I cannot win so its a fight I wont start. I admit Im scared of the repercussions so I make sure I pay every penny they feel I owe.

My motto: Dont start none, wont be none! ( I hope )

Comment

Take the book as a work of fiction. To do more than that will be putting you and your family at severe financial risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
              Property taxes on my place have gone up 9% each of the last three years. Out right robbery!!
              yea and your property value has prob gone up somewhere around 12 percent. I bet you are getting a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Dont forget the fact that sales tax is supposed to be based on what you paid for it, but on vehicles they charge taxes based on what THEY say its worth! Not what you actually paid!

Yep, THEY decide the rate, and value! If thats not crooked then nothing is.
                Trouble with this statement is folks would rarely be honest with what they paid for a vehicle. A $20,000 truck would quickly become a $1000 truck if value was not used on vehicle purchase taxes.

Comment

Last edited by Geoff995; 11-20-2019, 07:31 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    Agreed, however this is crazy today.

Income tax when you earn it,
                    Tax on money you make off of saving it
                    taxed when you spend it
                    taxed on property you then own after paying income tax, sales tax then now property tax
                    If you invest it you will pay tax
                    yearly registration on all auto Tax
                    cable bill and cell phone is full of all kinds of extra tax
                    extra tax on fuel
                    extra tax on hunting gear
                    extra tax on alcohol
                    extra tax on strip clubs

Every way you turn your head there is some other bs tax being added on.

We are not using it to run a government, it is be used to make politicians even more wealthy

Income tax is a tax on money you make through job,
                    Tax on savings is only on the amount you earn in interest,
                    Sales tax is a state tax not a federal tax,
                    Property taxes are a county tax, and you only are taxed on the profit you made from the sale.
                    Tax on investments are only on the additional gains,
                    You are not personally taxed for cable and cell phone service, the cable and cell phone company is and they forward their costs to the customer. Similar to sales tax...
                    Fuel, alcohol, strip clubs (?)...sin taxes, used to stem the use of these items or help regulate their proliferation. Saw it with cigarettes to the point where it cost a small fortune to participate in the habit.
                    Hunting gear is, again, sales tax.

You are taxed on income, in all forms, once. It's illegal for the Feds to double tax your income. Now, the State and local governments get their cut too. They all require a revenue stream to operate (although the amount we are taxed, and how the money is appropriated is a WHOLE different conversation). It SUCKS...but unfortunately is necessary. Totally agree with the "making politicians wealthy" statements. I hate that politicians can make a "career" out of holding an office.
                    Last edited by crumrw; 11-20-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
                      yea and your property value has prob gone up somewhere around 12 percent. I bet you are getting a deal!
                      Oh yes I’m getting a great deal right up the wazu!

Comment

Paying taxes is just your yearly fine to be a free citizen lol

Gotta pay to play

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                          Paying taxes is just your yearly fine to be a free citizen lol

Gotta pay to play
                          Best way I've heard it put...

Comment

My uncle did federal time-- and unfortunately dragged his family through a whole bunch of strife chasing this dragon.
                            one word for it: stoopid

Comment

I ain’t scared of much of anything....but I don’t mess with the IRS. I pay them what I owe them, when I owe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
                                Property taxes are a county tax, and you only are taxed on the profit you made from the sale.
                                huh?

I've never sold my home yet I write the county a big ***, ever increasing in size, check every year.

Over half of that goes to the school in which I will probably never have children attend.

Comment

Working...
                                X