No announcement yet.

San Angelo SP Gun Deer Antlerless/spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I had in mind of grilling every night I’m going to be there. I guess it’s gas grill time or time to purchase a black stone cook top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
      I also spoke with them as well and was told the same thing no fires wood or charcoal. Guess it’s gas grill only which is fine with me. What calibers is everyone planning on taking? I may pack my 7mm but still undecided.

Three of us - 2 Weatherby 30-06 (my son and I) and the third guy is bringing a 308.

Comment

Do we need chairs for the blinds? I forgot to ask?

And is anyone bringing popup blinds?

Comment

I had planned on bringing a pop-up blind, but if it’s assigned blinds, I may not bother. I plan bringing my own chair, just in case.

Comment

Most of the assigned blind hunts I've done through TPWD I've taken my own chair, even if one is available.

Comment

Im taking a chair and pop not sure if I will be allowed to use it, but it’s my preferred method to hunt if in a blind. Are any of y’all bringing corn? I planned on being 3 bags not sure if it’s to much or not enough.

Comment

you guys might check on friday about the burn ban. it may not make a difference and it may not rain but we have a pretty good chance tomorrow. if we get a decent rain it may allow them to lift the ban temporarily.

Comment

I really hope they lift the ban! Fires burn really well out there and make for great camp fires

Comment

It’s gonna be a cold one while we are there. They are saying a record low for Tuesday morning. I’ll be sure to bring the hunting buddy.

Comment

Just had a thought and got curious. Is everyone using corn to bait? Any better options? I figured with the park being 7,700 acres and all of us being in assigned blinds it wouldn't affect anyone's hunt if we shared some secrets.

My son had a TYHP hunt north of San Angelo starting tomorrow. It just got canceled due to the rainfall. Hopefully, this doesn't affect this hunt as well.
                      Last edited by thisisbeer; 11-07-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I just planned on being plain ol corn
                        I’ve never really tried anything else but I wouldn’t mind trying new baits

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
                          Just had a thought and got curious. Is everyone using corn to bait? Any better options? I figured with the park being 7,700 acres and all of us being in assigned blinds it wouldn't affect anyone's hunt if we shared some secrets.

My son had a TYHP hunt north of San Angelo starting tomorrow. It just got canceled due to the rainfall. Hopefully, this doesn't affect this hunt as well.

We like to use the mummies Apple scented corn. You can get it from HEB and it’s only a mile or 2 from the park. Idk if it works better than regular corn but to me the apple scent will help them find it faster

Comment

It’s the same thing I use, you can’t beat it. Other then that I haven’t used any attractants that have worked. So I’ll just stick to the corn

Comment

I was planning on plain corn... probably going to get the scented now. Thanks for the 411.

Comment

Plain ol’ corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X