Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Charles
Pope & Young

Default Wrap up Smear

Interesting strategy

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4674689/wrap-smear
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Yep! See post #619 in thread below.
https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...707133&page=13
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

"Gonna merchandise the smear ... it's a tactic," said Pelosi, describing the "wrap-up smear."
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Yesterday a lady that walks her dogs went by wearing a Beto shirt. I explained to her that 1/2 of folks will go yay Beto. The other 1/2 will think what a dummy and this is why I do not put stickers on the cars or yard signs out front. She got butt hurt and came back by and complained to my wife and her sister.
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
Yesterday a lady that walks her dogs went by wearing a Beto shirt. I explained to her that 1/2 of folks will go yay Beto. The other 1/2 will think what a dummy and this is why I do not put stickers on the cars or yard signs out front. She got butt hurt and came back by and complained to my wife and her sister.
If she gets butt-hurt that easy, then the Beto T-shirt is probably appropriate.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Should have kicked her in the taint
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #7
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Everyone in America needs to see that clip. Then at least they can make an "educated" decision at the Ballot Box... If they vote DemoKraut, they'll at least know they are voting for lying, dishonest, low-moral fiber people. That's about as plain as it can be described as to who the DemoKrauts are... How ANYONE could be OK with that tactic as being mainstream and acceptable for our nation... well maybe except a certain texan's fan...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Should have kicked her in the taint

You could lose a good shoe doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #9
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
You could lose a good shoe doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or a whole leg
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Everyone in America needs to see that clip. Then at least they can make an "educated" decision at the Ballot Box... If they vote DemoKraut, they'll at least know they are voting for lying, dishonest, low-moral fiber people. That's about as plain as it can be described as to who the DemoKrauts are... How ANYONE could be OK with that tactic as being mainstream and acceptable for our nation... well maybe except a certain texan's fan...
Heck Charlie a DemoKraut don't care, maybe even agree with it, they idiots.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #11
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
I agree with everything you said. I would like to make one correction though. You say DemoKraut the correct term is DemonKraut.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #12
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I agree with everything you said. I would like to make one correction though. You say DemoKraut the correct term is DemonKraut.
Yea, that works too...

DemoKraut= Demonstrating the characteristics of Nazi Germany
DemonKraut = The outcome of being a DemoKraut...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
LWC
Ten Point

Just fyi. This is an old clip where Pelosi is accusing the republicans of doing the wrap up smear. She is not admitting to doing this to Kavanaugh.....although I agree this is exactly what the dems did to BK.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #14
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
You should of asked her why she is supporting Beto?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #15
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Just fyi. This is an old clip where Pelosi is accusing the republicans of doing the wrap up smear. She is not admitting to doing this to Kavanaugh.....although I agree this is exactly what the dems did to BK.
I wonder what she is referring to? I mean, when was the last time the MSM has taken a Republican smear campaign and ran with it (confirmation)?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I wonder what she is referring to? I mean, when was the last time the MSM has taken a Republican smear campaign and ran with it (confirmation)?
I agree, the press doesn't do much running with a republican smear campaign. Seems to be a dem tactic that she likes to accuse the republicans of doing. Even though they can't because the media is not on their side.

Here is some info I found with her referring to the wrap up smear:

"In fact, this wasnít the first time Pelosi brought up the term ďwrap-up smearĒ specifically to describe Republican political tactics. In this 6 March 2017 exchange between Pelosi and CNN news anchor Jake Tapper, she claimed President Trump used such a smear tactic against former president Barack Obama:

TAPPER: So, letís start with President Trumpís allegation, so far evidence-free, that President Obama sought to have him wiretapped during the campaign. Youíre part of the Gang of Eight. Thatís a group of House and Senate leaders, both the leadership and the leadership of the Intelligence Committees, that would be privy, one suspects, to such information. Do you have any idea what heís talking about?

PELOSI: Well, the president, you know, is the deflector in chief, anything to change the subject from where the heat is. And, as one who has been engaged in intelligence, a member of the Gang of Eight, for a long time, I can tell that itís just ridiculous for the president, President Trump, to say that President Obama would ever order any wiretap of an American citizen, any president. Thatís just not ó we donít do that.

And, so, this is ó itís called a wrap-up smear. You make up something. Then you have the press write about it. And then you say, everybody is writing about this charge.

Itís a tool of an authoritarian, to just have you always be talking about what you want them to be talking about. Rather than Russia, weíre talking about, did President Obama do thus and so?"
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top