Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
100%TtId
Ten Point

Default Sen Collins is a yes on Kavanaugh

Pretty strong, well-reasoned speech from a soft voice explaining her vote. She did her homework on BK's judicial record and came prepared with facts, context, and research.

They should have let her speak first. She will change some minds of those in the middle or sitting on the fence. Kav is more moderate than most realize.

Well done, Madam Senator. You brought back sanity and professionalism to this soap opera.

MAGA
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.

Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
txhunter-1
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Step 1,...next step Mid Terms! They woke a sleeping giant and unified a nation of conservatives! Trump 2020!
txhunter-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #4
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter-1 View Post
Step 1,...next step Mid Terms! They woke a sleeping giant and unified a nation of conservatives! Trump 2020!
Yes they did!!! They also lost a bunch in their own party!!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Pretty strong, well-reasoned speech from a soft voice explaining her vote. She did her homework on BK's judicial record and came prepared with facts, context, and research.

They should have let her speak first. She will change some minds of those in the middle or sitting on the fence. Kav is more moderate than most realize.

Well done, Madam Senator. You brought back sanity and professionalism to this soap opera.

MAGA
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #6
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

she did a good job of laying it all out there, step by step, as to how f#(k#) up this whole situation was.
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #7
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Did not hear the speech but glad she did it and will vote for BK. Problem is it will not sway a single liberal Democrap as their mind was made up before Trump ever nominated BK. Sorry POS's!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 12:44 AM   #8
AJMag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
Did not hear the speech but glad she did it and will vote for BK. Problem is it will not sway a single liberal Democrap as their mind was made up before Trump ever nominated BK. Sorry POS's!
McConnell made that point clearly in hos speech before the vote. I'm starting to like that guy. Took Schumer's words and threw it back in his face when he said trump should pick another conservative and they would work with him, yet Schumer was leading the charge about fighting against BK within 3 minutes of nomination. I seriously can't understand why people vote for that clown, along with a few other yahoos that won't shut their brain dead traps.

I would like to be impressed with the dem who voted yes, cant remember his name, from the east coast. He voted what his constituents would want being from a red state, but it's also election year for him, so he's likely just trying to keep his job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

McConnell and Gramnsty...I don't know who or what got to these dudes, but they have not been acting thereself this whole hearing. Very peculiar.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #10
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
McConnell made that point clearly in hos speech before the vote. I'm starting to like that guy. Took Schumer's words and threw it back in his face when he said trump should pick another conservative and they would work with him, yet Schumer was leading the charge about fighting against BK within 3 minutes of nomination. I seriously can't understand why people vote for that clown, along with a few other yahoos that won't shut their brain dead traps.

I would like to be impressed with the dem who voted yes, cant remember his name, from the east coast. He voted what his constituents would want being from a red state, but it's also election year for him, so he's likely just trying to keep his job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Joe Manchin, and yes it was 100% because hes up for re-election in a red state that trump carried by a huge margin.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #11
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
McConnell and Gramnsty...I don't know who or what got to these dudes, but they have not been acting thereself this whole hearing. Very peculiar.
And very refreshing. I think they feel the swing in this country. As the left goes further left, the middle gets further left by default. They have to make a move to the right.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 09:58 PM   #12
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
And very refreshing. I think they feel the swing in this country. As the left goes further left, the middle gets further left by default. They have to make a move to the right.
SHHHHH! don't tell them that, because that is what they will say, but then they will just keep on going with their same old *****.
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top