Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #51
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Napolitano says "she is extremely credible"?? Really?

I must have missed something.. Anyone else see her as credible?
I'm not saying I belive her, but yes she does come off to me as pretty credible. I've seen lots of witnesses over the years and so far her body language and demeanor come off as someone that believes their story. Of course there are some little things and holes in her story. But she is a pretty polished and believable witness. If someone had never heard of any one of these people and was just asked to sit and listen to her story, I think they would believe her. Hence, why I'm worried for BK.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #52
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
It's a darn shame anyone can accuse someone of something like that with no proof.

Gary
Sorry, but people who make these sort of false accusations need to be hung. Worse than a horse thief.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #53
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I'm not saying I belive her, but yes she does come off to me as pretty credible. I've seen lots of witnesses over the years and so far her body language and demeanor come off as someone that believes their story. Of course there are some little things and holes in her story. But she is a pretty polished and believable witness. If someone had never heard of any one of these people and was just asked to sit and listen to her story, I think they would believe her. Hence, why I'm worried for BK.
I've investigated several of these sort of allegations over the years, as a detective and for the defense, and found at least 10 to be a crock of poo. Several for revenge, some were just plain mad at the man, and one woman, and some were trying to extort money and it got carried to far.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #54
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

This will end badly for Kavenaugh.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #55
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I'm afraid a good man will be ruined by this....and hate to think about the long term repercussions it could have on our country.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #56
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

Quote:
Yes, its over
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #57
KRB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stephens

Quote:

I hope and pray your wrong !!
KRB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #58
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Quote:
I have to agree. I think most know where I stand on a lot of issues and while I'm not pro Republican (or pro Democrat for that matter) I can say I believe this to be a new low in politics as I think most of these allegations (even if true, which I doubt) were "encouraged" to come out during the confirmation hearing as a delay/stall tactic to keep Trump from getting another SCOTUS appointed before the November elections.

I said it when they did it to Garland and I'll say it now...the SCOTUS should not be used as a political weapon and it's a crying shame to see how partisan it's become.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #59
KRB
Ten Point

If he doesn't get in , I sure hope the Mid Terms blow up in the Dems face and we turn out like never before .

Its disgusting !!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #60
LWC
Ten Point

Anybody else have a "Mark Judge" friend? This guy is seemingly making Ford's case. He's written about the partying at school and was a buddy of BK. Apparently he would be a terrible witness and the dems know that the reps don't want to call him as a witness. Tough situation.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #61
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Guilty until proven guilty
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #62
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

They've coached her up on this for two months. I'm sure she is prepared to testify.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #63
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Kavanaugh better come out swinging and have solid evidence to back him up. This is a bunch of fabricated lies. So who will be the next nominee?
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #64
KRB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Kavanaugh better come out swinging and have solid evidence to back him up. This is a bunch of fabricated lies. So who will be the next nominee?

Who would want to be ??
Old 09-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #65
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
There sure is a lot of I donít remember to these questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they learned that from Hillary Clinton.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:04 PM   #66
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRB View Post
Who would want to be ??
Not I!
Old 09-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #67
J Wales
Six Point

Hunt In: Taylor County

How much do you think Coca-cola is paying her for the product placement on the table?
J Wales is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #68
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRB View Post
Who would want to be ??
Amy Barrett
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #69
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Amy Barrett

Iím beginning to wonder if Trump
may be playing the libs like a fiddle and this is his real plan for the nominee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #70
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Amy Barrett
interesting to see how the left will destroy her
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #71
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Here's a visual for those not able to watch.
Attached Images

MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #72
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
may be playing the libs like a fiddle and this is his real plan for the nominee.

If so it's pretty sick to destroy a man for no reason. I don't believe that is the case.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #73
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Her selective memory still puzzles me. I hope the senators (republican) see thru this BS. I wonder if she's ever seen a UFO? After all she still hangs out with a lot of "beach people" according to her testimony. I'll bet she has a California medical cannabis card too and nobody bothered to ask that question.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #74
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

Man I have actually been thinking, today, this exact same thing.. I know that's a stretch but none of this makes sense at face value.. Who the heck knows!!!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #75
Throwin' Darts
Pope & Young

That was complete idiocracy. The format of the questioning was terrible. The prosecutor could get no where in the questioning. She asked Ford to confirm statements that she had just made and then Ford would fumble around and burn up all the time. The prosecutor did an awful job in my opinion of not hammering home the simple facts, which include no one, not even her lifelong female friend, corroborating her story.

Ford isn't smart enough to see herself for what she is, a pawn. She was used by the Dems to carry out this character assassination. They sat on her letter for 45 days while doing nothing. The allegations could have been fully investigated during that time. If they really cared about Ford's well being, which they continuously spouted during their allotted time rather than asking pertinent questions, then they would have investigated her claims in private, as she asked them to, and not turned this into the public circus that it is now.

The entire story is bogus. The building a second door story because she has PTSD from this event is so far out there. She mentioned that the second door is used by tenants in her home. That would make all the sense in the world as to why a second door was installed. Being so traumatized by an event 30 years ago causing you to install a second door in your home makes no sense when the woman who sat up there was giggling and laughing, etc. She didn't know who was there, where "there" was, how she got there, how she got away from there, nothing.

The dems blasted the lack of investigation however their criticism should have been directed at Feinstein because shes the one that backed everyone into this corner timing wise. But don't let it fool you, that's exactly what each Dem up there wanted to happen and they used this Ford yahoo as their chess piece.

I don't believe BK did what she says she did. If he did, he wouldn't have been charged with a crime then, and probably not now had it happened in 2018. Regardless, that ship sailed years ago and Ford's opportunity to bring it to light and actually be viewed as credible should have sailed away right along with it but we live in a time when politicians on both sides of the isle are so downright degenerate that they are ruining the country.
Throwin' Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #76
Charles
Pope & Young

I was waiting for Cory Booger tell her this is her "Spartacus" moment.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #77
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
That was complete idiocracy. The format of the questioning was terrible. The prosecutor could get no where in the questioning. She asked Ford to confirm statements that she had just made and then Ford would fumble around and burn up all the time. The prosecutor did an awful job in my opinion of not hammering home the simple facts, which include no one, not even her lifelong female friend, corroborating her story.

Ford isn't smart enough to see herself for what she is, a pawn. She was used by the Dems to carry out this character assassination. They sat on her letter for 45 days while doing nothing. The allegations could have been fully investigated during that time. If they really cared about Ford's well being, which they continuously spouted during their allotted time rather than asking pertinent questions, then they would have investigated her claims in private, as she asked them to, and not turned this into the public circus that it is now.

The entire story is bogus. The building a second door story because she has PTSD from this event is so far out there. She mentioned that the second door is used by tenants in her home. That would make all the sense in the world as to why a second door was installed. Being so traumatized by an event 30 years ago causing you to install a second door in your home makes no sense when the woman who sat up there was giggling and laughing, etc. She didn't know who was there, where "there" was, how she got there, how she got away from there, nothing.

The dems blasted the lack of investigation however their criticism should have been directed at Feinstein because shes the one that backed everyone into this corner timing wise. But don't let it fool you, that's exactly what each Dem up there wanted to happen and they used this Ford yahoo as their chess piece.

I don't believe BK did what she says she did. If he did, he wouldn't have been charged with a crime then, and probably not now had it happened in 2018. Regardless, that ship sailed years ago and Ford's opportunity to bring it to light and actually be viewed as credible should have sailed away right along with it but we live in a time when politicians on both sides of the isle are so downright degenerate that they are ruining the country.
Spot on assesment of the entire dumpster fire...
Old 09-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #78
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I'm afraid a good man will be ruined by this....and hate to think about the long term repercussions it could have on our country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Guilty until proven guilty
^^^
Iím thinking the same. I canít believe the precedence we are setting here. Might as well just throw out our entire judicial system of presumed innocence? If we do that then no one is safe. Anybody at anytime could make an accusation and destroy someone's life. Hell....she may very well be telling the truth, but by law, where is the proof. Innocent until proven guilty? I guess not
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #79
LWC
Ten Point

Well it is "halftime" of this ^^^dumpster fire. Maybe there will be a comeback. BK can be the Bills and dems can be the oilers
Old 09-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #80
bps3040
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin' Darts View Post

Yep
bps3040 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:04 PM   #81
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

She is a terrible actor. Her story has no corroboration, she has no evidence, witnesses she named which one was her friend denied any knowledge of ever being at such party. The woman is a nut, her psychology background in her education helped her tell herself to believe what she was saying knowing it was a complete lie. All the other accusers are total BS even more than Ford’s.

A man came forward yesterday saying he could have been that person who apparently “assaulted” her and mistaken her for BK. Did they ever bring that up today in the hearing? I didn’t get to listen or hear the entire testimony from that dumpster fire situation.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #82
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
She is a terrible actor. Her story has no corroboration, she has no evidence, witnesses she named which one was her friend denied any knowledge of ever being at such party. The woman is a nut, her psychology background in her education helped her tell herself to believe what she was saying knowing it was a complete lie. All the other accusers are total BS even more than Fordís.

A man came forward yesterday saying he could have been that person who apparently ďassaultedĒ her and mistaken her for BK. Did they ever bring that up today in the hearing? I didnít get to listen or hear the entire testimony from that dumpster fire situation.
I'm glad they didn't go down that road. To me, that is almost as crazy as the rest of this mess.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #83
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Kavanaugh coming out swinging....at least if he goes down he got his say in.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #84
hgiles
Ten Point

Hunt In: my blind

Quote:
Yup, he's doing very well and sending a strong message
hgiles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #85
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Quote:
The Republican that votes against his confirmation should just switch parties. And their constituents should demand a recall.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #86
rtp
Pope & Young

Is the brunette lady on the left in the black dress his wife?
Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #87
hgiles
Ten Point

Quote:
yes
Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #88
J Wales
Six Point

Hunt In: Taylor County

Quote:
Yes
J Wales is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #89
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
It looks like his wife from the interview the other day
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #90
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgiles View Post
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wales View Post
Yes
You want to know believable....the expression on her face is 100% is believable. Not that complete looney flake Ford. That is the face of someone who has been traumatized.

Last edited by rtp; 09-27-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #91
hgiles
Ten Point

^^ I agree.

Somewhat enjoyable watching the quack Ford's law team
Old 09-27-2018, 02:23 PM   #92
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Man he is ******. Rightfully so. Gettum!
We are praying hard for his family and his SC conformation!!!

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 09-27-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #93
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post
The Republican that votes against his confirmation should just switch parties. And their constituents should demand a recall.
X2

If those 51 senators donít back him after his opening speech theyíre worthless.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #94
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond10x View Post
x2

if those 51 senators donít back him after his opening speech theyíre worthless.
100%
Old 09-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #95
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I so glad Kavanaugh came out swinging
God bless him and his family
Now seat this great man.
I
Can these other guys that witch said was at the event sue her for defamation? I sure as hell would.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #96
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Man my heart is breaking for this guy watching this. I didn't get that same feeling when she spoke.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #97
KRB
Ten Point

Brett aint playing!!!! Give em HELL !!!!
Old 09-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #98
rtp
Pope & Young

You can tell who the victim(s) is/are. That nut job isnt one of them.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #99
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
Man my heart is breaking for this guy watching this. I didn't get that same feeling when she spoke.
I'm right there with you.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #100
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Peoples minds are/have already been made up on both sides for days now and this is all a waste of time

Just do the vote and quit the dang circus
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top