Minimizing Gun Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimizing Gun Collection

Who has gone the minimalist route on your hunting rifles? I’ve noticed over the last few years that I use a total of 3 maybe 4 rifles. Many that I don’t use.

How many of you have downsized your collection to just the few rifles that you use? What pushed you to that decision? Did you sell those and build or buy the exact gun you wanted? I know first world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve probably got more than I need for sure. I am however at the point where I really don’t feel like I need anything else. I do not own an AR platform and might add one with thermal to the arsenal eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Remington 770 30-06, all I need. I do want a rem 700 300 win mag though.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        I’ve probably got more than I need for sure. I am however at the point where I really don’t feel like I need anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you ever hear me say this, Send help, because I'm being held against my will and my wife is selling off all my guns.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have three or four but I always grab my APR .280 when it’s time to deer hunt. ‘Cause I likes it !

Comment

In recent years, my rifle needs have changed, so I recently changed the lineup and have passed several on to the sons for the grandkids.

Comment

There may come a day in your life or your kids life when guns are harder to get....think politicians. You might wish you hadn't down sized.

Comment

Nope…just keep adding to the collection.

Comment

Haven’t downsized, but went with more normal common calibers. Calibers that ammo could be found easily.

Comment

I have a couple rifles. I am just a minimalist when it comes to ammo.

Comment

Yes. I had guns that literally have sat in the safe without use for years. Most of the are factory guns that have or are being replaced with a custom of some sort.

I still have a few to thin out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I got double digit bolt action hunting rifles and plan to add several more in the next few years.

Don’t think I’ll downsize anytime soon.

Comment

The thing is I love bolt action rifles.

Comment

There are a few older rifles that are on my list. Not many new ones really interest me. I have a bunch that i dont use but i think of passing them down one day.

Comment

I am trying to limit it to 1 gun in each caliber I like, that's not going too well.

Comment

Working...
                              X