First Look at the New Ozonics HR500 - Quieter, App Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Look at the New Ozonics HR500 - Quieter, App Enabled

Ozonics sent me their newly released HR500 for evaluation. I haven't had a chance to test it in the field, but I uploaded a preview video to my YouTube channel for today's release.

Thanks to everybody that gave feedback last week regarding their experiences with previous Ozonics models. It was helpful in creating this video!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZD3_Ga70UE"]New Ozonics HR500 - QUIETER, App Enabled, Remote Capable - YouTube[/ame]

I'd love to hear your feedback both here and in the YouTube comments! Thanks!
    My Flickr Photos

Good intro to the product, Michael.

I wonder what the expected battery run time is on standard mode?

Comment

600 bones? Wow, can I buy yours at a discount?

Comment

Sweet Jesus they fixed my one complaint. But now I have a new complaint. Price

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Good intro to the product, Michael.

I wonder what the expected battery run time is on standard mode?

I’ll run a test on it when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Sweet Jesus they fixed my one complaint. But now I have a new complaint. Price

The price is $50 more than the OrionX, so it’s probably about what you might expect. I guess ideally they could have priced it the same and reduced the previous models. That’s probably unrealistic in our current environment.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

You need a app to push a button? Good grief.

Comment

Makes broadheads and arrows seem cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                  It’s useful for some…but probably not worth getting worked up over if you find it easier to operate on the machine. LOL!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

LOL!!! And people will still buy it

Mainly the same city guys who have big F250's, wear camo in box blinds, and have a yeti for their HF hunts

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      LOL!!! And people will still buy it

Mainly the same city guys who have big F250's, wear camo in box blinds, and have a yeti for their HF hunts
                      Boy, you're just ate up with it aren't you...

Comment

I actually think this is a pretty neat feature. Not because I can't push a button, but to minimize movement as said in the video. I hunt in trees with the unit over my head. being able to adjust without reaching up would be nice in the event of wind change. Also, to boost with different targets. I've noticed when hogs roll in and the wind is wrong they seem to be able to know something is up. Deer don't do that, for me anyway.

This unit is a bit over what I'm willing pay, but I like the new features.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                          I actually think this is a pretty neat feature. Not because I can't push a button, but to minimize movement as said in the video. I hunt in trees with the unit over my head. being able to adjust without reaching up would be nice in the event of wind change. Also, to boost with different targets. I've noticed when hogs roll in and the wind is wrong they seem to be able to know something is up. Deer don't do that, for me anyway.

This unit is a bit over what I'm willing pay, but I like the new features.

Thanks for the feedback, and for adding value to the discussion.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I just ordered one with 2 XL batteries and remote on sale with free shipping $487. Was going to order 2 XL batteries for my HR200 they were going to be nearly $350 with shipping so I decided to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              I just ordered one with 2 XL batteries and remote on sale with free shipping $487. Was going to order 2 XL batteries for my HR200 they were going to be nearly $350 with shipping so I decided to upgrade.
                              where did you get it? Ozonics.com is $449 for just the HR500

Comment

Working...
                              X