Quilt Display Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Display Cabinet

Wife asked if I could/would build a display cabinet for her many quilts. I said yes, and it only took about 14 months to get it done. The 1x2 oak at HD is amazing in its ability to go from straight in the store to crooked in the shop. Another perplexing task was matching the stain on the oak to the color of the teak shelving next to it. Still not sure I am not going to wipe another coat on the door frame and base.

Great idea, and even after 14 months, it should have gained you SOME brownie points!

Comment

Looks great, I have some from my grandmother that I didn't know what to do with, I do now.

Comment

Good job! My wife is a quilter and I could see building one of those if I showed her.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
          Looks great, I have some from my grandmother that I didn't know what to do with, I do now.
          txlawdog--several of them are from my mom, and one of the squares on one was done by me when I was a 6-7 y.o.

The cabinet keeps them "inside" and away from all the dust, fireplace smoke, etc in the house.

Comment

That turned out awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              txlawdog--several of them are from my mom, and one of the squares on one was done by me when I was a 6-7 y.o.

The cabinet keeps them "inside" and away from all the dust, fireplace smoke, etc in the house.
              That's pretty cool. My grandmother is no longer around and I would hate to just get rid of the quilts. Some are really nice and would make nice bedding.

Comment

Very nice! i like it a lot

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    Great idea, and even after 14 months, it should have gained you SOME brownie points!
                    We'll see come October--

Comment

Very classy sir!

Comment

Working...
                      X