Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-28-2022, 01:21 PM   #2201
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
We havenít had our pool party yet! Thatís when itís gonna pop off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Terry BBQ
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #2202
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
So the Ags stopped spending because of public opinion? And what's now wide open? Just a few weeks ago one particular team didn't have to spend, and another team was only successful because of spending.
Recruits changing their mind? That'd be like a QB committing, decommitting, the transferring back to the original commitment a year later. Almost like it was wide open.
Not public opinion, but the attention it was given to the what was going on. It very well known that A&M didn't produce the class they got with NIL last year. It was a bag game with a lot of promises. There have been some talk about those promises not being paid out as some of the big donors got nervous with the attention and the IRS talk (this was the biggest hold up).

With that attention, A&M has been scrambling to cover their tracks, get NIL setup publicly (legitimately) as a a lot of FOIA request were / are happening and pressure on A&M to show their cards in the NIL game. A&M is going through the process of setting up NIL programs like what Texas, Tech, and others currently have. This a very tedious and legal process to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted plus get it approved by compliance. I know the guys that setup several of the Texas NIL and the process was crazy. This is important when it is as public when these programs are public. Saban knew exactly what he was doing for taking that fight public.

From the A&M side, there has been a lot of pressure on what is going on in recruiting (Class is currently sitting at #59 with only 6 kids - The average per player is higher than Texas though). Jimbo even had to answer it at SEC media days with what is going on. Now it seems the donors who funnel that part of the program have committed to pushing their chips back in the game and are becoming a player in a lot of recruitments now to try to turn the tide. This is great news for A&M. Money whipping kids is the name of the game now. Before NIL, 10-20% of your class was taking money to come to your school. Now its almost 100% of the class asking what they are getting as they can legally take money. That is what has changed.

I am not bashing A&M at all, as they put their balls on the table last year. I have said what I have seen from A&M is an all-in commitment to be good in football and I am **** jealous of that commitment. With what they are building there is reason they shouldn't be competing year in and year out now. I am just providing some information I have heard and it comes from two different sources on both sides of the table (A&M and Texas).

Edit - Just wanted to add, I am not saying Texas or any other school are not dropping bags (paying a kid under the table) as well to their NIL games. A good chunk of what is going on is on the up and up with the NIL programs that have been run through compliance but I am sure it is going on. The known NIL programs are there to offer compliance protection from the school. Every NIL deal that gets done has to be signed off of it by the school.

Last edited by Heath; 07-28-2022 at 02:29 PM.
Heath is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #2203
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
James is on point
Except that the majority signed in Dec 21 not Feb 22.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #2204
Chad C
Pope & Young

BBQ and chunky dunking on the forty, wonder if it'll pop off for Sark.

there's a few croots running around.

QB, Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
RB, Tre Wisner, DeSoto
WR, Johntay Cook II, DeSoto
OL, Jaydon Chatman, Harker Heights
OL, Andre Cojoe, Mansfield Timberview
OL, Payton Kirkland, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL)
OL, Connor Stroh, Frisco Wakeland
DT, Markis Deal, Garland Naaman Forest
DT, Sydir Mitchell, Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ)
DT/DE, Jamarious Brown, Moss Point (Moss Point, MS)
DE, Ta'Derius Collins, Northwood (Shreveport, LA)
DE, Dylan Spencer, Houston C.E. King
DE, Colton Vasek, Austin Westlake
DE, Billy Walton, Dallas South Oak Cliff
LB, S'Maje Burrell, North Crowley
LB, Derion Gullette, Marlin
CB, Jordan Matthews, Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA)
CB, Malik Muhammad, Dallas South Oak Cliff

QB, Anthony Maddox, Oak Grove (Hattiesburg, MS)
RB, Derrick McFall, Tyler High
RB, James Peoples, San Antonio Veterans Memorial
WR, Freddie Dubose, Jr., Spring Branch Smithson Valley
WR, Dre'lon Miller, Silsbee
OL, Daniel Cruz, Richland
OL, Ashton Funk, Katy Tompkins
OL, Ory Williams, San Marcos
DT/DE, Dealyn Evans, Longview Pine Tree
DT/DE, Xadavien Sims, Durant (Durant, OK)
LB, Davhon Keys, Aledo
LB, Payton Pierce, Lucas Lovejoy
CB, Jaden Allen, Aledo
CB, Kobe Black, Waco Connally
CB, Aeryn Hampton, Daingerfield
S, Ka'Davion Dotson, Duncanville
S, Corian Gipson, Lancaster
S, Jaydan Hardy, Lewisville
S, Kenyan Kelly, Denison

WR, Dakorien Moore, Duncanville
OL, Logan Schram, Boerne High
DT/DE, Landon Rink, Cy-Fair

Last edited by Chad C; 07-28-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #2205
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
That's the biggest BS post I've seen on this site!

Lol

Grow some bark on ya, bud.

Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 03:45 PM   #2206
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wharton County

Quote:
Terry BBQ

Yessir

Pin Oak DXT is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 04:01 PM   #2207
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

I thought they only put out soccer players
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 04:23 PM   #2208
sotx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub25 View Post
you must not read this site very often. Dudes were claiming the earth is flat!
rotflmmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sotx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 04:49 PM   #2209
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

Quote:
BBQ and chunky dunking on the forty, wonder if it'll pop off for Sark.

there's a few croots running around.

QB, Arch Manning, Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
RB, Tre Wisner, DeSoto
WR, Johntay Cook II, DeSoto
OL, Jaydon Chatman, Harker Heights
OL, Andre Cojoe, Mansfield Timberview
OL, Payton Kirkland, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL)
OL, Connor Stroh, Frisco Wakeland
DT, Markis Deal, Garland Naaman Forest
DT, Sydir Mitchell, Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ)
DT/DE, Jamarious Brown, Moss Point (Moss Point, MS)
DE, Ta'Derius Collins, Northwood (Shreveport, LA)
DE, Colton Vasek, Austin Westlake
DE, Billy Walton, Dallas South Oak Cliff
LB, S'Maje Burrell, North Crowley
LB, Derion Gullette, Marlin
CB, Jordan Matthews, Woodlawn (Baton Rouge, LA)
CB, Malik Muhammad, Dallas South Oak Cliff

QB, Anthony Maddox, Oak Grove (Hattiesburg, MS)
RB, Derrick McFall, Tyler High
RB, James Peoples, San Antonio Veterans Memorial
WR, Freddie Dubose, Jr., Spring Branch Smithson Valley
WR, Dre'lon Miller, Silsbee
OL, Daniel Cruz, Richland
OL, Ashton Funk, Katy Tompkins
OL, Ory Williams, San Marcos
DT/DE, Dealyn Evans, Longview Pine Tree
DT/DE, Xadavien Sims, Durant (Durant, OK)
LB, Davhon Keys, Aledo
LB, Payton Pierce, Lucas Lovejoy
CB, Jaden Allen, Aledo
CB, Kobe Black, Waco Connally
CB, Aeryn Hampton, Daingerfield
S, Ka'Davion Dotson, Duncanville
S, Corian Gipson, Lancaster
S, Jaydan Hardy, Lewisville
S, Kenyan Kelly, Denison

WR, Dakorien Moore, Duncanville
OL, Logan Schram, Boerne High
DT/DE, Landon Rink, Cy-Fair
2023 basically your commits and a couple dudes - gulliette didnít make it in. Gonna be some hand wringing by your horn mods and forum posters when ags land him.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #2210
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
2023 basically your commits and a couple dudes - gulliette didnít make it in. Gonna be some hand wringing by your horn mods and forum posters when ags land him.
Sure would like to have him but as a good friend always told me, one monkey don't stop a circus.
lanceodom is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #2211
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wait, I thought he was not a take and a JAG for the Ags when he was leaning towards Texas.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:52 PM   #2212
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Not public opinion, but the attention it was given to the what was going on. It very well known that A&M didn't produce the class they got with NIL last year. It was a bag game with a lot of promises. There have been some talk about those promises not being paid out as some of the big donors got nervous with the attention and the IRS talk (this was the biggest hold up).

With that attention, A&M has been scrambling to cover their tracks, get NIL setup publicly (legitimately) as a a lot of FOIA request were / are happening and pressure on A&M to show their cards in the NIL game. A&M is going through the process of setting up NIL programs like what Texas, Tech, and others currently have. This a very tedious and legal process to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted plus get it approved by compliance. I know the guys that setup several of the Texas NIL and the process was crazy. This is important when it is as public when these programs are public. Saban knew exactly what he was doing for taking that fight public.

From the A&M side, there has been a lot of pressure on what is going on in recruiting (Class is currently sitting at #59 with only 6 kids - The average per player is higher than Texas though). Jimbo even had to answer it at SEC media days with what is going on. Now it seems the donors who funnel that part of the program have committed to pushing their chips back in the game and are becoming a player in a lot of recruitments now to try to turn the tide. This is great news for A&M. Money whipping kids is the name of the game now. Before NIL, 10-20% of your class was taking money to come to your school. Now its almost 100% of the class asking what they are getting as they can legally take money. That is what has changed.

I am not bashing A&M at all, as they put their balls on the table last year. I have said what I have seen from A&M is an all-in commitment to be good in football and I am **** jealous of that commitment. With what they are building there is reason they shouldn't be competing year in and year out now. I am just providing some information I have heard and it comes from two different sources on both sides of the table (A&M and Texas).

Edit - Just wanted to add, I am not saying Texas or any other school are not dropping bags (paying a kid under the table) as well to their NIL games. A good chunk of what is going on is on the up and up with the NIL programs that have been run through compliance but I am sure it is going on. The known NIL programs are there to offer compliance protection from the school. Every NIL deal that gets done has to be signed off of it by the school.
Didn’t read this whole thing, but your class this year is a bag game and your paying guys not to go on visits and dropping bags to commit…..I mean how could a 5-7 team that lost 6 straight and lost to Kansas ever sign a good class without it?

See since I said it that makes it true. Cheaters.

Everybody dropping bags, everybody. Everybody. We will land a #5-8 ranked class with only 20 dudes, full of quality to go along with the massive amounts of studs from last year. Don’t worry.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:53 PM   #2213
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Quote:

Saw several tweets today on the A&M team wide NIL. Iím still a fan of just pay every D1 player $25k a year across the board and call it a day. Glad to see the ladies getting in on it as well.
Attached Images

Fmjag64 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 05:03 PM   #2214
Heath
Pope & Young

Default 2022 College Football - Offseason

Quote:
Didnít read this whole thing, but your class this year is a bag game and your paying guys not to go on visits and dropping bags to commitÖ..I mean how could a 5-7 team that lost 6 straight and lost to Kansas ever sign a good class without it?

See since I said it that makes it true. Cheaters.

Everybody dropping bags, everybody. Everybody. We will land a #5-8 ranked class with only 20 dudes, full of quality to go along with the massive amounts of studs from last year. Donít worry.

To answer your question, because it is Texas. No matter how ****ty the program is dudes want to play here. It happens every single year. Texas has been terrible for over a decade and still pulled in great classes. Arch has a lot to with the success of this class and Sark still has some new car smell he can sale to these kids.

I hope Texas is. I do know we have a structured NIL game that is very well funded into the future to support whatever bag game there is. I also don't mind putting my name on what I wrote because I trust the sources it came from and I was just passing on a message that I thought was very positive to A&M if guys had questions why it has started off slow.

It is a totally different game now-a-days. You won't hear me bragging about getting X player over another school, or a big H2H win, or where the class finished in the rankings. It is like paying the hottest girl in the school to go to prom with you. The only thing that matters what you do after prom.

Last edited by Heath; 07-28-2022 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #2215
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX & WTX

Attached Images

Fmjag64 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 06:32 PM   #2216
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
To answer your question, because it is Texas. No matter how ****ty the program is dudes want to play here. It happens every single year. Texas has been terrible for over a decade and still pulled in great classes. Arch has a lot to with the success of this class and Sark still has some new car smell he can sale to these kids.

I hope Texas is. I do know we have a structured NIL game that is very well funded into the future to support whatever bag game there is. I also don't mind putting my name on what I wrote because I trust the sources it came from and I was just passing on a message that I thought was very positive to A&M if guys had questions why it has started off slow.

It is a totally different game now-a-days. You won't hear me bragging about getting X player over another school, or a big H2H win, or where the class finished in the rankings. It is like paying the hottest girl in the school to go to prom with you. The only thing that matters what you do after prom.
First paragraph is spot on. It's so hard for Aggy to realize that. It isn't rocket science.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #2217
ByronB
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
4-8 is a joke.
I agree with this as an Aggie fan. Heck, Aggies still have a young O-line as far as I am concerned. AND.....they do not have a proven QB in their system yet. King only played a game and a Ĺ last year. The LSU transfer is new to the system. They lost a lot of talent on defense as well. If they win 8 games I will be stoked. If they keep the same talent then in a year or two they should be pretty darn good. Still need to recruit some high-end linebackers.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2022, 10:31 PM   #2218
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 04:19 AM   #2219
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

LOL at this Horn source, ďA&M has been scrambling to cover their tracksĒ

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 05:12 AM   #2220
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
LOL at this Horn source, ďA&M has been scrambling to cover their tracksĒ

Actually that came from the Aggie booster source.

Iíll let yíall go back to the same back and forth stupid banter that just gets repeated here without any solid intel. Enjoy.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:05 AM   #2221
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

5* QB Malachi Nelson is on campus and another surprise 5* expected….

wR Jalen hale was on campus yesterday. If you think jimbo just forgot how to recruit your wrong, just gotta figure out how much y’all paying then double it

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 07-29-2022 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:57 AM   #2222
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
5* QB Malachi Nelson is on campus and another surprise 5* expectedÖ.

wR Jalen hale was on campus yesterday. If you think jimbo just forgot how to recruit your wrong, just gotta figure out how much yíall paying then double it

So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. Itís almost like what I wrote, naw canít beÖ

Iím shocked that Hale isnít a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. Heís going to Bama this weekend.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:25 AM   #2223
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. Itís almost like what I wrote, naw canít beÖ

Iím shocked that Hale isnít a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. Heís going to Bama this weekend.

Yep. Thatís how it goes with NIL.

Didnít you guys get a committ from a 4-star OL from Florida that has never stepped foot on campus?

Old 07-29-2022, 08:29 AM   #2224
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Actually that came from the Aggie booster source.

Iíll let yíall go back to the same back and forth stupid banter that just gets repeated here without any solid intel. Enjoy.

Pot meet kettle!

Good job being the alphabet of TBH!

Play the game and the rest is nonsense! You know for a fact bags are dropping and have always dropped in atx. But when another team does it they have done something wrong or didnít do it the right way and have to cover their tracks. Embarrassing post in your part. Be better!
CoolHandLuke is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #2225
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Louisiana

Quote:
So a Southern Cal kid committed to USC since last fall all the sudden wants to see what College Station, TX looks like in late July. It’s almost like what I wrote, naw can’t be…

I’m shocked that Hale isn’t a Horn by now. The longer this recruitment plays out the worse I feel about it for Texas. He’s going to Bama this weekend.

#1 recruit in the country isnt leaving southern Cal and Rileys wide open offense for College Station and Jimbo's outdated offense scheme. He will go and have a good time at a pool party but that's the end of it.

Last edited by RaginCagin; 07-29-2022 at 08:48 AM.
RaginCagin is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 08:45 AM   #2226
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yep. That’s how it goes with NIL.

Didn’t you guys get a committ from a 4-star OL from Florida that has never stepped foot on campus?
Yes, Texas did. The guys I know that are well connected are still questioning the decision to take his commitment. I doubt he ever steps foot on campus.

My point being that A&M was sitting idle for a lot of this time waiting on all of the talk from last year to blow over and get better organized on the backside to cover their ***. The good news for Aggies that has all of you going crazy is it looks like the flood gates are back open and A&M should be getting good news soon. The whole point on my post was good things are about to start happening for A&M is what I was told and the reason why it was going to happen.

The dam has burst in college football. Everyone is going to have to accept the fact that everyone pays in some way. Every kid is now asking for something and legally they can in some fashion. It wasn't that A&M was the only school last year dropping bags, they decided to go way above market value on these kids and swept them all up. That is what teams are ****** about, not that A&M paid them cause they all do but it was the numbers. Hell, ETM just said find out what Texas is paying and double it on Hale. That is what they did. Teams are still dropping bags, but they better have it covered on the backside with NIL.

Nelson is holding USC feet to the fire to make sure they follow through. Lots of chatter that Addison (the WR from Pitt) was offered a boat load and they haven't came through on anything yet so they are rumblings about it through the recruiting game. I would be shocked if Nelson committed to A&M as he has been attached at the hip to Riley for two years. At the same time, in today's world nothing would shock me when you are talking about the dollars being thrown around.

Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #2227
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Pot meet kettle!

Good job being the alphabet of TBH!

Play the game and the rest is nonsense! You know for a fact bags are dropping and have always dropped in atx. But when another team does it they have done something wrong or didn’t do it the right way and have to cover their tracks. Embarrassing post in your part. Be better!
There has always been pay for play all over college athletics; however, it was a very small percent of the guys that were actually getting money. Now it is open to everybody and there is a legal work around with NIL.

The reason the for the "cover your tracks" is these dollar amounts are starting to get so out of hand, that is when the IRS comes into play as its harder to hide the money. Everyone thought bitcoin was the answer, but now players are seeing the money they were offered through bitcoin not be worth as much and asking for more. It is hard to hide some of these dollar amounts.

Edit - I personally do not believe all the Bitcoin / Thumb Drive talk even though people who I trust say it is real.

There will always be a combination of bags and NIL going forward, but boosters are going to have to play it smart in how it is presented now. The cash in the McDonalds bags works for $10K, but not for $250K.

Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #2228
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I want

Quote:
5* QB Malachi Nelson is on campus and another surprise 5* expectedÖ.

wR Jalen hale was on campus yesterday. If you think jimbo just forgot how to recruit your wrong, just gotta figure out how much yíall paying then double it
Is this the QB that jumped ahead of Manning?
Chase This! is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 09:04 AM   #2229
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
Doesn't matter either way. Is aggy gonna flip him?
Old 07-29-2022, 09:06 AM   #2230
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
He jumped ahead of Manning in only the ESPN rankings. Arch has been the #1 player for ESPN, 247, On3, and Rivals for a couple of years. ESPN bumped him to #2, but the other three services still have Arch as their #1 player.

Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:09 AM   #2231
Rush2Judge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wood County

He knows that.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #2232
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
OR...The biggest recruiting weekend of the year - the Annual "Pool Party" (which has essentially been on the schedule since last year's pool party) - is this weekend. The list of 5 starts attending, committed or otherwise, is extensive.

Just like last year, recruiting momentum and commitments will start increasing after this weekend. But it's convenient that (two days before the pool party) the "money flow has suddenly opened back up" - a narrative that will certainly be "evidenced" by the commitments that start coming in next week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 09:14 AM   #2233
PYBUCK
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Upton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
OR...The biggest recruiting weekend of the year - the Annual "Pool Party" (which has essentially been on the schedule since last year's pool party) - is this weekend. The list of 5 starts attending, committed or otherwise, is extensive.

Just like last year, recruiting momentum and commitments will start increasing after this weekend. But it's convenient that (two days before the pool party) the "money flow has suddenly opened back up" - a narrative that will certainly be "evidenced" by the commitments that start coming in next week.
Are they going to get hoodies this year too?
PYBUCK is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #2234
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Quote:

Or it is a combination of the two??? Aggy and hopefully UT have figured out the NIL deal and are using it to their advantage. If it is within the rules as they sit today, who cares???
Old 07-29-2022, 09:19 AM   #2235
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:

Well If I had the time to post this two weeks ago, I would have but hey you are entitled to push your own narrative.

Nelson wasn't even on the radar two weeks ago and now its a weekend in C-Stat for him when I was told this info.

I guess I missed the point here. I was hearing that A&M was about to start ramping up and was passing that along as good news for the Ags. Most of yall have not wrapped your head around what is happening and will continue to happen with college athletics. NIL changed the game forever. Most believe it will make the bag game go away now the amounts are getting so insane so that is why the strong base of NIL is a must for schools to have setup.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:21 AM   #2236
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
Doesn't matter either way. Is aggy gonna flip him?
If Jimbo wants him, yes.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:23 AM   #2237
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Quote:
If Jimbo wants him, yes.
why wouldn't Jimbo want the #1 QB? Is he gonna sort through those that are in line and decide?
Old 07-29-2022, 09:38 AM   #2238
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:

DryFit sent him as a spy to see how Coach Terry does that BBQ

Old 07-29-2022, 09:43 AM   #2239
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
DryFit sent him as a spy to see how Coach Terry does that BBQ
Now, I can believe that!
Old 07-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #2240
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
why wouldn't Jimbo want the #1 QB? Is he gonna sort through those that are in line and decide?
Yes. Did you not see what he did last year? He just picks and chooses his five stars. Almost not fair.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:18 AM   #2241
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Ags flip #1 QB. sips have another abysmal year, Manning decommits, others follow. TBH whorn melts down, calls for Sark’s head.

In other words, just more of the same.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #2242
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes. Did you not see what he did last year? He just picks and chooses his five stars. Almost not fair.
aggy is about to go on a solid run of championships if that is the case. You guys will be unstoppable. You should put down some dinero in Vegas, it's clearly a sure thing. I guess 2022 is as good as any to start?
Old 07-29-2022, 10:37 AM   #2243
flatlander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
There has always been pay for play all over college athletics; however, it was a very small percent of the guys that were actually getting money. Now it is open to everybody and there is a legal work around with NIL.

The reason the for the "cover your tracks" is these dollar amounts are starting to get so out of hand, that is when the IRS comes into play as its harder to hide the money. Everyone thought bitcoin was the answer, but now players are seeing the money they were offered through bitcoin not be worth as much and asking for more. It is hard to hide some of these dollar amounts.

Edit - I personally do not believe all the Bitcoin / Thumb Drive talk even though people who I trust say it is real.

There will always be a combination of bags and NIL going forward, but boosters are going to have to play it smart in how it is presented now. The cash in the McDonalds bags works for $10K, but not for $250K.
There is no reason to hide anything from anybody, not just from the IRS but also the public

If a booster (not a school) wants to pay a player that's within the rules, and I haven't seen any limits in the new rule.

I 100% guarantee that the boosters with this much money have lawyers and accountants that will take care of the player with the IRS.

I'd imagine the kid would be set up as owner of an LLC and file taxes just like any other business, would be the smart way to do it.

There is nothing to hide anymore.
flatlander is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #2244
flatlander
Ten Point

Quote:

Quote:
Ď23 Croots visiting A&M this weekend (so far): 💎
5⭐️ QB Nelson
5⭐️ WR Hale
5⭐️ LB Hill
5⭐️ DE Hicks
5⭐️ WR Sampson
4⭐️ LB Gullette
4⭐️ QB Novosad
4⭐️ S P Bowen
4⭐️ DL J Bowens
4⭐️ RB Love
4⭐️ S Jackson
4⭐️ OL Betrand
4⭐️ OL Jones
DT Sanu T
Pretty strong group
Old 07-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #2245
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
There is no reason to hide anything from anybody, not just from the IRS but also the public

If a booster (not a school) wants to pay a player that's within the rules, and I haven't seen any limits in the new rule.

I 100% guarantee that the boosters with this much money have lawyers and accountants that will take care of the player with the IRS.

I'd imagine the kid would be set up as owner of an LLC and file taxes just like any other business, would be the smart way to do it.

There is nothing to hide anymore.
You can not just walk up to a kid and pay him money. Any NIL deal has to be approved by the schools compliance department. It has to fall under the NIL guidelines and can not be a pay for play (even though they technically are).

The players and the tax implications will be something to keep an eye on.

EDIT - Actually they can have a booster walk up and give them money, but that is against the rules and the old bag game that has been around forever. In the past, this as reserved for a few players only.

Last edited by Heath; 07-29-2022 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:31 AM   #2246
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
Are they going to get hoodies this year too?
Yeah, far cry from F-150's...we know.
RLB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 11:36 AM   #2247
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
You can not just walk up to a kid and pay him money. Any NIL deal has to be approved by the schools compliance department. It has to fall under the NIL guidelines and can not be a pay for play (even though they technically are).

Do we have proof that any have not been on the up and up?
CoolHandLuke is online now   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #2248
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Name:  arch.png
Views: 151
Size:  112.6 KB
RLB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #2249
flatlander
Ten Point

Quote:

EDIT - Actually they can have a booster walk up and give them money, but that is against the rules and the old bag game that has been around forever. In the past, this as reserved for a few players only.
You're right that it could get messy real quick, the players are going to need lawyers and accountants. Good thing all these big schools have plenty of lawyering and accounting alumni.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:25 PM   #2250
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
#1 recruit in the country isnt leaving southern Cal and Rileys wide open offense for College Station and Jimbo's outdated offense scheme. He will go and have a good time at a pool party but that's the end of it.
Yes cause all Cali kids cut their vacation to Hawaii short to fly all the way to 105 degree College Station for a fun pool party. The school he's committed to is having a similar recruiting event this weekend. Itís a good sign he's making his way to campus, especially when his good friend and fellow USC commit Zach Branch has been on Texas A&M campus multiple times.
James is online now   Back To The Top
Closed Thread