Prove it.

Pics don't count....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Mooching!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Are you drunk typing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Maybe…like you’re completely innocent of doing the same!

Comment

Got my first slam on July 4th

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
          ]
          Got my first slam on July 4th

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            I know this will be a long shot but does anyone have an external fuel bladder of at least 50 gallons sitting around they would sell or rent?

We want to go to boomvang from Freeport and only have a 111 gallon tank

Thanks
            Go by Northern Tool & pick up one of their fuel Caddy's, I have been contemplating on getting one just for this purpose.

Comment

I hit the lake 4th of July weekend with the new boat. Have been missing the salt water. Ready to get this boat sold, so I can get back into a bay boat.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by marshhunter; 07-06-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Prove it.

Pics don't count....

Let’s go! Just need a little North in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                  I hit the lake 4th of July weekend with the new boat. Have been missing the salt water. Ready to get this boat sold, so I can get back into a bay boat.
                  when youre in that boat are you inclined to say things like..........DON CHA KNOW and EHHH?

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                  Let’s go! Just need a little North in the wind.
                  never caught one so Im game.

Comment

Dang a triple tail from the beach....what did it hit?

Comment

Y'all know the tripletail in the bay came in from the gulf right? They are way more common in the gulf than in the bay. I've caught a bunch of them off the beachfront. If you are fishing the surf by boat when you get done make a wide swing out off the beach on your way in and be looking for black plastic bags floating near the surface, that is what a tripletail kinda looks like. And for sure if you see anything floating go take a look under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        Y'all know the tripletail in the bay came in from the gulf right? They are way more common in the gulf than in the bay. I've caught a bunch of them off the beachfront. If you are fishing the surf by boat when you get done make a wide swing out off the beach on your way in and be looking for black plastic bags floating near the surface, that is what a tripletail kinda looks like. And for sure if you see anything floating go take a look under it.
                        HAH and Great Description!!

Comment

We messed around trying to catch one hiding under a crabtrap float in Copano one time.

I'd been better off shooting it. He didn't bite

Comment

We were at one of the floaters one night 100+ miles offshore and a tripletail came floating up. Glen free gaffed it and it went in the box. Crazy fish looking and acting fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              We messed around trying to catch one hiding under a crabtrap float in Copano one time.

I'd been better off shooting it. He didn't bite

They are suckers for a big live shrimp. They will murder a finger mullet too. I've caught them on a fly rod several times. I've had much better luck catching them on lures and flies in the gulf than in the bay. I don't know why. And they will eat a cork. We usually fish a live shrimp under a cork for them and I have had them absolutely destroy popping corks. If they are right on the surface a free lined shrimp is deadly.

The key is to get the bait to them without dropping it on their head, especially if you are throwing a cork. And if you are using a cork to get the bait to them, not the cork. I have guys reel the cork right up to their nose and stop, they eat the cork and the shrimp hasn't even made it to them yet. Or they scare 'em off.

Comment

Any new rockport reports. Made it in this evening. Going to try and take the daughters out tomorrow morning to see if we can get sone right lines

Comment

Working...
                                X