Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax fraud

Comment

Tell em to pay the asking price and they can sleep with a clear conscience.
      The donation thing seems shady as hail.

Comment

I kinda concur with the tax thing anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          That Church needs to be exposed and out of business.
          yep

Comment

Comment

Check the signature…Was the buyers agent Patrice Colors?

There is a cap on donation amount write off anyhow. 250k donation wont be 250k tax write off. Theyre looking to screw you, general market purchasers, local government, state government, and federal government.

Its unethical not to report them.

Comment

I would need a lot more info before I started nailing anyone to the cross.

Maybe property is listed at $850k but they have offers higher than list price. Maybe as much as $1M, not uncommon in this market. Church offers $750k and hopes seller is a nice guy and will donate the rest. If so, they can give him a form 8283 for the other $250K Doesn't mean he can deduct all of it.

Comment

Need an investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

Maybe property is listed at $850k but they have offers higher than list price. Maybe as much as $1M, not uncommon in this market. Church offers $750k and hopes seller is a nice guy and will donate the rest. If so, they can give him a form 8283 for the other $250K Doesn't mean he can deduct all of it.
                    I'm in the don't need anymore information camp. :-). Start nailing.

Comment

And therein lies the problem, this church and many like it have adopted 5the mentality of a for profit business as concerned with the bottom line or maybe more so than the community they serve

Comment

Yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          And therein lies the problem, this church and many like it have adopted 5the mentality of a for profit business as concerned with the bottom line or maybe more so than the community they serve
                          No doubt there are some out there that fit your discretion. But there are also a lot that are very community minded.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

I'm certainly not trying to absolve either party, but I would agree with this. As a commercial appraiser who does donation appraisals, I would imagine that there is quite a bit more to the story or at least additional facts (including an appraisal) that would help us all to understand the situation better. The simplicity of the original post many have allowed some of us the room to make unfair judgments (especially about the church).

This is referred to as a "Bargain Sale to a Charitable Organization" in case anyone wants to research it.

Comment

I suppose that it would be legal if the sales price was reported at $850,000. The donation could be entered in the settlement papers as a $250K credit to the buyer, leaving $600K plus other misc. closing costs due on the bottom line. I'm no tax attorney or CPA, just saying that if the deal is clearly documented and agreed to, it is none of the IRS's business. It is really no different than the church paying full price and then the guy makes a $250K donation after funding. What would be problematic is if the guy reported the sale at $600K and then claimed a $250K donation without the church having a $250K deposit to verify the receipt.
                              Last edited by 60 Deluxe; 06-22-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
                                I'm certainly not trying to absolve either party, but I would agree with this. As a commercial appraiser who does donation appraisals, I would imagine that there is quite a bit more to the story or at least additional facts (including an appraisal) that would help us all to understand the situation better. The simplicity of the original post many have allowed some of us the room to make unfair judgments (especially about the church).

This is referred to as a "Bargain Sale to a Charitable Organization" in case anyone wants to research it.
                                Research? No fun in finding out the facts around here. Everything is a conspiracy. Haven't you figured that out. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X